4 day old holland lop kit

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a kit that has a yellow greenish discharge coming from vent/ anus area. It has a fowl odor. Any answers? <br /><br /> -- Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:46 pm -- <br /><br /> I also have a kit I'm pretty sure is a peanut, i have been feeding it. Should I be??

if it's a peanut...it can't really eat. Best to do with peanuts is cull them. If it's a tiny runt... I still wouldn't bother natural selection being what it is. You ALWAYS want to keep the best of your litters, and those runts are NOT the best of your litters, and you'll get super attached if you hand feed 'em.

The other...might be getting too much milk. If its a plump kit take it away for mom for a feeding.

Thanks that was exactly what I was thinking. It is only the 2 of them so I do think the one is getting too much milk..it looks like it could pop. I wasn't hand feeding the runt. I was holding the doe on my lap and letting it eat but it never looked full. I'm just going to let nature take its course. Thanks again

clostridium intestinal infections often cause greenish yellow diarrhea, a less likely possibility is a very severe bladder infection

Because of genetic defects, peanuts eventually pass, personally I prefer to euthanize them soon after birth rather than have them slowly fade

Latest posts

Back