3 Double manes 1 single? (Kits and Pics)

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
I swear miss Bibi has her babies early, 28 days is tomorrow and she just had her babies this morning. I went downstairs and started laundry and as I walked by I looked at them both and said hello to her and Merlin, went on to feed and water the other rabbits. Well when I came back in to clean a water bottle for the cage out in the yard (It's on the ground for bunnies to have grass). I happened to peak into the game room at Bibi and Merlin and saw a pile in the cage, I was like What The Heck?! So I hurried over and there they were. My pics are definitely not the best but I'm for sure curious about the two with the most black on them! (If anyone has an idea of what color they could be PLEASE LET ME KNOW I'M SO CURIOUS LOL) Also I will try to get better pictures sometimes tonight, I kinda want to do a time lapse and take pictures of them daily, make a little video of them growing, but I don't know how well the quality will turn out and I'm afraid I'll forget. I only have 2 pics of them right now but I'll try to get more off of the video I took.
20161016_121635.jpg
20161016_121604.jpg
Here's a video that shows the little one better. I can take better pics now that I'm not in a rush as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nLb1wToc48
I even added some cute music to it :) Maybe I'll become a youtuber about my buns?

LittleFluffyBunnies":16vu5wib said:
Cute! What a fun surprise!
Color wise, what color are the parents?

Black Charlie and what I was told was a Broken Orange or Chocolate tort if I'm not wrong (I'll put pics below)
This is dad (No facial markings other than the eye and ears and this one spot in the picture. He has what I call "loading..." spots on his back (He has one on about the middle of his back one towards the end and one on his tail). He also appears to be a NM however when bred to a different breed rabbit I still had about a 50/50 on SM to NM..
Merlin 2.jpg
Mom I'm unsure on the color of her, but she reminds me a lot of one of her kits I'm keeping who looks like a Chocolate Tort. She's super huge and fluffy so she hides pregnancies like a champ! I think she's a DM mostly because of how fluffy she is in comparison to my buck. This is the best color pic I have of her right now but if it's not good enough I'll take new pictures. Looking at her she's got some oranges in some spots and some browns in other.
IMG_20160703_142139.jpg
rsz_20160514_111351.jpg

Those both look like single manes. Likely the father is a false Charlie instead a true Charlie, since he threw solid kits. But the broken babies (which also look black to me) may either be true charlies or false charlies, since they have two broken parents.

Those two black babies, though, look like double manes.

The one black baby doesn't appear to be growing much hair in the head area (I believe it's a doe) He also had a solid kit last litter, a Chocolate Torte I believe is what he is (Might be wrong) The doe has about twice the hair dad does (Pics don't do her hair justice, I'll try and get one beside each other one day) I'll post more pics of the babies this evening when I have a chance, the one black looks like it's getting some white hair on it's face which is crazy to say the least lol..

you can tell if a newborn is double maned by the way the hair grows, not if it's by the face. If it has almost like a ridge of hair down it's back, it's double maned. I have attached an example.

Attachments

• xlionhead-kits.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nziDgLbfzk.jpg
    xlionhead-kits.jpg.pagespeed.ic.nziDgLbfzk.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 3,180
  • Double-or-Single-Mane.jpg
    Double-or-Single-Mane.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 3,180
They all have that ridge, you can't see it in the pics on the brokens, but it was really messing with my head looking at them like why is your fur growing only down the middle of your back you little wierdos... Here's a pic of Fluffernut at 7 weeks..
DSCF9412JPG.jpg
Although it seems like the way I took the pics isn't really showing how much fluff there is :( Definitely not Single maned though, more hair than that.. I have to go to a doc appointment today so maybe later or tomorrow I'll grab Fluffer and Blu and take pics because Blu is a Silver Fox so I think she'll give more of a fur density comparison.. (Fluffer and his sister also had the ridge down their backs)

-- October 20th, 2016, 10:16 am --

TheChad":2jfmurw4 said:
awesome! congrats! glad you were home to take care of it.

Well I work from home because there aren't any jobs around here :) Makes it a little easier to take care of bunnies I must say. When I worked I only had 3 rabbits and 5 ducks and I was running all over like a chicken with it's head cut off when I worked <br /><br /> -- October 23rd, 2016, 10:42 am -- <br /><br /> Lemme start by saying I'm so sorry, yesterday was insane all day and I had intended on doing this yesterday morning, funnily enough I had the baby bunnies and was carrying them around with me waiting for breakfast after being told it was about to be served, almost an hour and a half later, I'm finally back downstairs and of course the amazing sunlight which at once had filled this window sill making it remarkably beautiful! But oh well, so I got the pics and put up the babies, I have no clue what happened but it took me from 12am to 6 pm too get the pictures off the SD card onto my laptop, then I had to resize the pics (For all of you who do not yet know this, my laptop was a $179 Hisense Chromebook, it only runs chrome, if it don't run on chrome, it ain't running it. It's also being held together by duct tape, I'm being serious, My screen won't come on unless I make sure the duct tape holding the bottom to the top is tight) Yeah this laptop ;) It's wonderful. So after dealing with it crashing constantly as I was working I quit last night and here we are now

IF YOU WANT TO SEE CUTE BUNNIES SKIP ALL THAT NONSENSE UP THERE! ^^
20161022_130655.jpg
^^This one I'm kinda curious/unsure about, I think opossum's (What we named the not yet gendered baby) face is gray? But I'm not really sure, she just finally yesterday (10-22-16) grew hair in the bald patches on her scalp, her fur has been quite patchy until now, is she ok? She also appears to be a DM from her fur.
20161022_130640.jpg
^^If I'm not wrong this is the only broken black DM the other is a SM
20161022_130552.jpg
20161022_130605.jpg

I'm unsure about the solid blacks, they have gray faces (One more than the other) I'm pretty excited to see how they look when fully grown. I kinda hope they are solid black

I think the grey faces are most likely due to thin hair on the face because they are double maned. They should be solid black after the fur grows in.

Oh, I kinda thought that as well, I was just wondering about it because when it was born it was bald almost, especially compared to all the rest of the kits in the litter, I can't wait to see them full grown.

AW! So cute!!
I love lionheads:) so fluffy and cute:) :bunnyhop:
I totally think you should be a youtuber with your bunnies! I do it, and its totally fun! Although it is hard to keep uploading often, but if you wanna do it, I say go ahead!

Once again your baby bunnies are SOOOOO cute!!!!! Keep posting more pics please! They're so cute!

Once I get a better camera I'll do youtube the one I have now wouldn't be good. I really want to do daily photos of her next litter from a few hours old to 10 weeks old, little short clips. I have more pictures to upload, they will be up soon, it was really warm outside yesterday so I took them outside even though the breeze was a bit chilly I made a little fort to keep the wind off (I put a lot of work into getting these pictures) sadly the sun reflected the color of the blanket onto the rabbits which was a little annoying but I'll deal lol (Pics soon :)

My sister ( Little Fluffy Bunnies) is gonna do a baby bunnies growing up video too! But the babies won't come for like 27 more days.... :lol:
I plan on doing my own one as well, since my bunny is the daddy:) But a fast one with like a pic a week!
Once your growing up vid is done please post it!
Have a nice day!

I'm waiting for a colorful litter, with hopefully a few doublemanes, to not only show full growth and changes but also the different fur lengths. Once I get the time I also wanna do one of my Silver Fox litters, seeing nobody pays much love to the meat buns unless your looking at processing...

Back