Register

How is this a bad cage?

Advice on purchasing or constructing cages and hutches for your rabbitry.
5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership5 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,535.00

Re: How is this a bad cage?

Post Number:#16  Unread postby a7736100 » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:52 am

The problem I had with a similar cage is that the pan slides out the side instead of the front. I would have to have 6 feet long area to empty the pan. Of course I also had a problem with no urine guard. The floor wire on cheap ones are really thin so I would not buy without actually seeing one. Cheap cages I've bought via internet so far just turned out to be cheap cages and no bargain. Even the same exact cage today is not of the same quality as one purchased 10 years ago. Wires are thinner, lousy quality.

3 years of membership3 years of membership3 years of membership
Female
BunnyBucks: 1,171.00

Re: How is this a bad cage?

Post Number:#17  Unread postby bunnychild » Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:42 pm

a7736100 wrote:The problem I had with a similar cage is that the pan slides out the side instead of the front. I would have to have 6 feet long area to empty the pan. Of course I also had a problem with no urine guard. The floor wire on cheap ones are really thin so I would not buy without actually seeing one. Cheap cages I've bought via internet so far just turned out to be cheap cages and no bargain. Even the same exact cage today is not of the same quality as one purchased 10 years ago. Wires are thinner, lousy quality.

I agree that the drop pan coming out the side is annoying.
I bought this exact cage 10 years ago and I have to say in the decade since they have made some nice improvements. The second level is no longer plastic, the floor is sturdier, and the little stopper to keep the pan from sliding out is easier to use.
I did buy it in person from a store I trust so I knew it would not be cheap.
Breeder gone to the Pet Side

Previous