English Angora doe

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harelady

Reaction score
So I purchased an English Angora doe a few weeks ago and could use some advice. She is a REW and everyday when I go to groom her she has green stuff around her nose. I don't see any snot and she has not been sneezing. So I am unsure what is going on. I have never had this happen before. Also at five months old she is two inches or more shorter in wool than my buck. So I am not sure what is going on there. I asked the breeder and she said that her and her sibling chewed on each other when they were young. So I am pretty sure she will not have a show career since she is so behind other rabbits her age in wool length.

Anyone know anything about Angoras that can help me out? Thanks

The "green stuff" could be inhaled dust from eating which gets stuck to condensation around the nose as you say it does not look like snot but please keep an eye out for discharge

I've never had angora but have bred Lionheads and some did grow coats faster than others but nothing as significant as a 2 inch difference :shock:

I think the doe was clipped at some point. She is five days younger than my buck. Here are pictures of them both.

Doe
Pademay_zpsubxe26ft.jpg

Buck
Vader_zpsruexw7zj.jpg

Yes both are in a wire cage. I would never keep them clean if they weren't. :lol: The crust on her nose is green like her feed and it does not come off easily.

Latest posts

Back