Winterizing

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Looking for cheap ideas to help winterize my outdoor hutches. I was looking at the greenhouse plastic roofing pieces but i didnt realize they were around 30 bucks a sheet.

I know i could use tarps to help block the wind in the cage part. But I'd prefer not to if i can help it. Just because i want it to look somewhat neat.

Does anyone have any ideas of a hard somewhat clear plastic type thing i can use that wont break the bank to buy? I checker craigs list and couldnt find anything.

What's the name of the one it's not glass but it has glass in the name, it's a really hard clear plastic that is really strong and should be cheap at Home Depot

I used some carpet that I had replaced last winter! It didn't even look to bad to me it slowed that cold north west wind down alot. I wouldn't consider plexiglass cheap by no means around 100 dollars for a 4x8 sheet I think. My rabbits can just look at the back side of carpet :lol:

I admit I use tarps. But, I cut them to fit and staple them to the wood frames. Very neat, inexpensive, and it works for wind and blowing snow.

How big of a space is it? What about some pretty yet cheap shower curtain liners? WalMart has a pretty big variety, I assume somewhere like Target, Kohls, etc. would as well. I used them along a wood wall to help shield it from urine... pretty red poppies :D

Latest posts

Back