Magazine ideas for my little ones?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting each child a magazine subscription for Christmas this year... we usually do 3 gifts for each (that's what Jesus got), and somewhat use the poem "something they want, something they need, something to wear, something to read" for ideas. This would be something they could look forward to each month, or at least each quarter (depending on the publication)...

The girls like gardening, birds, butterflies, nature so I was thinking Birds & Blooms for one at least. Not sure the other.

YDS LOVES tractors and farming, any ideas for him? He actually enjoys flipping through the John Deere books that his gr. gpa and cousins bring him from the JD store in town :lol:

ODS is my fisherman, hunter... DH already gets Bass Times, BASS, and FLW. I was thinking something like the Carolina Fisherman/Sportsman (can't remember the exact name for him). Or maybe something similar to what the Boy Scouts have, if there is anything out there like it? Not even sure they still have a publication... he got some from a yard sale a while back that were from the 90's.

They also really like horses.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. The only one I am pretty set on is Birds and Blooms because they have sat and flipped through a couple at someone else's house and really enjoyed looking at all the pictures, plus it could give us some projects ideas to do as well (one had a bird house pattern made from a single board which was neat).

DH's aunt gets them Ranger Rick and Ranger Rick Jr. already.

heritage":3hj1bxec said:
They also really like horses.

As far as horse magazines go, I personally enjoy "Horse & Rider" the most. I used to read "Young Rider" when I was a kid, too. Great magazine for kids and teens. :)

Does anyone in your family get the "Mother Earth" magazines already? Because for gardening (and a lot of other cool homesteading type things) that magazine is pretty solid (as is their website, but that's harder to wrap and put under a tree ;) ).

I like your gift-giving philosophy, by the way :)

This is such a cool idea for gifts! I know there are also book subscriptions out there. Have you looked at any of those?

Do they like horses?
If so I used to get Young Rider. I still have a stack or two of them somewhere. :)
It is full of fun stuff for kids from 8 and up. It could be for younger as well.
I think it might still have craft ideas in it. I loved it.

Nat Geo kids is also very good. I use those for facts for the newspapers that I write. They are very funny and very educational. I like those too;)

Back