what colour is he

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shazza

Reaction score
yesterday i picked up some composite rabbits from tamuk after weeks of correspondence and some drama...but the point is i did get my rabbits, lol. finally. i got to pick them out myself, and i came home with a chestnut doe and a bgs doe (my husband and my favourite colours respectively,) and this handsome fellow whose colour i'm not sure of. my immediate thought was 'silvered fawn' but im sure that's far too uncommon to be true, haha. he is in moult right now and it looks like the more orange fur is the old fur and what's growing in is a bit more of a chinchilla colour but still with some reddish undertone.

tumblr_ofcunggC8r1v7y543o3_540.jpg

tumblr_ofcwrx3BF81qfc984o1_540.jpg

i also have this mini lop boy that his breeder was pretty much like 'nobody knows what colour he is', haha. apparently he was shown as a frosty when he was younger, but suddenly he moulted and all this cream showed up on his face, fortunately after he'd granded. is this a thing that typically happens?

tumblr_ofcwxfCDnP1qfc984o2_540.jpg

tumblr_ofcwxfCDnP1qfc984o1_540.jpg

im not gonna show either of these guys, i'm just super curious as to what colours they are. i'm one of those people who has to know every little detail, haha.

and because i know you guys are greedy: the composite does

tumblr_ofcunggC8r1v7y543o1_540.jpg

tumblr_ofcunggC8r1v7y543o2_540.jpg

they cooperate better for photos on the grass, haha. i can't wait to breed them...all that good growing meat and gorgeous varied fur <3

Tamuk Buck is a chinchilla, although a very smutty one

Lop buck is interesting :hmm: i see agouti and sable and he is light which could be non-extension so frosty makes sense but I've not seen one darken so much as sable often gets lighter with age :shrug:

Both girls are steel, the first one is just a lighter version of GTS and I think the second one is also smutty and actually a silver tipped steel :mrgreen:

The top rabbit looks like sable chinchilla to me, I'd call the lop a blue frosted pearl (though it is definitely on the dark side - almost looks just like a blue point with marten markings, but marten markings are rare in lop breeds).

clyde the mini lop may very well be a mystery forever. what confuses me is the cream patches on his face and ears! apparently they just showed up one day. either way he's beautiful...if only he'd put forth the effort to breed so i could have a son from him.

Dood":mmdgbikd said:
Both girls are steel, the first one is just a lighter version of GTS and I think the second one is also smutty and actually a silver tipped steel
oooh. i didn't notice any steel in the chestnut but now i'm gonna have to look closer, haha. i love the steel gene :) i feel like some of the black doe's smut is heat bleaching since it's only just getting cool enough for everyone to start moulting and my other black rabbit still has brown patches, but i guess we'll see in a few weeks. even if it isn't ~desirable, the smut definitely makes them interesting.

he's already moulted twice since i got him, so it feels like they're here to stay. apparently he'd looked like that for a while at the breeder's too. so i'm really not sure.

Back