Rabbit Guide?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SableSteel

Reaction score
Hello all
So I am trying to write some helpful article/guide stuff for my local 4-H. I was wondering what you guys would like to see addressed in a rabbit 4-H guide. Thank you

Sticking with a good feed for your area, not what is popular or what others like in other areas per say. More put on doing research in a breed that interests and SOP (even if not showing ARBA) and what is/isn't correct as far as a healthy rabbit goes. So many 4H kids around here can't even tell me what they are supposed to be like if they are healthy or any thing about the breed they are interested in. I get supposed to help, but when can't spell the breed (remotely close, Netherland Hollands are not a breed for example...and I had that recently come up) I worry. Basic grooming would be good, include where and how to check the scent glands on either side of the genitals and such. I found them by "accident" after they started smelling like my ferret at the time...many moons ago...and I knew they weren't supposed to smell like that lol.

Rebel.Rose.Rabbitry":201n72gb said:
Sticking with a good feed for your area, not what is popular or what others like in other areas per say. More put on doing research in a breed that interests and SOP (even if not showing ARBA) and what is/isn't correct as far as a healthy rabbit goes. So many 4H kids around here can't even tell me what they are supposed to be like if they are healthy or any thing about the breed they are interested in. I get supposed to help, but when can't spell the breed (remotely close, Netherland Hollands are not a breed for example...and I had that recently come up) I worry. Basic grooming would be good, include where and how to check the scent glands on either side of the genitals and such. I found them by "accident" after they started smelling like my ferret at the time...many moons ago...and I knew they weren't supposed to smell like that lol.
Ooh, yeah, I agree with the "health" thing - that would have been so useful to have back when I got my first rabbit. :x

Back