Best Time to Feed Produce

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunnychild

Reaction score
My house likes to feed produce scraps to the rabbits, but now there is just Truffles and I don't want to over feed her. Is there a time of day that is best to feed them produce? Like for digestion or whatever.

In the evening is the best time to feed. Rabbits have a higher metabolism at night and process the food best then.

Zass":11eblvmn said:
Feeding hay helps make digestion easier, along with starting a younger bun on new foods slowly.
How old is Truffles?
Truffles is 3 yrs old. She is use to being fed fruits and veggies but I try to limit it, so I give the leftovers to the chickens. (Nothing goes to waste here)
She also gets Timothy hay daily.

Truffles sounds like she's well past any fresh produce danger.
There are many dangers for younger buns that are much less likely to apply to older ones.

My three (or 4?) year old house bun, Mucky, gets very close to unlimited fruits, veggies, greens, and hay as her main diet. I know her well by this age, and have had plenty of time to gradually increase her fresh food intake.
She is a bit on the plump side though, so pellets are limited.

Zass":wiev414t said:
Truffles sounds like she's well past any fresh produce danger.
There are many dangers for younger buns that are much less likely to apply to older ones.

My three (or 4?) year old house bun, Mucky, gets very close to unlimited fruits, veggies, greens, and hay as her main diet. I know her well by this age, and have had plenty of time to gradually increase her fresh food intake.
She is a bit on the plump side though, so pellets are limited.

I tried to reduce Truffles pellet intake so that she could have free hay and more veggies, but a hungry nip on the hand told me she would have none of that :lol: (this was only after a day with less feed)
I did manage to adjust her feeding schedule closer to the evening.

Back