Got the cops called on my odd sleeping schedule

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I'm on one of my downward swings (leaning toward chronic fatigue syndrome but it could be something worse) and sleeping all day and for nearly all of one 24hr period. Well the neighbor said he couldn't see while leaving his driveway because of some trees between the really old fence and the fence they built inside of it on our property. To fully remove trees it will take tearing the old chainlink loose and getting electrical to it at least 100' away. I figured despite the darkness we'll go chop some branches for now and can take a chainsaw to it if we ever get the daylight time instead of leaving it alone for another week minimum. With a lantern and head lamp using branch loppers we were talking in normal voices as we systematically cut the branches. Nothing that should have violated any law. Well the lady across the alley has no control over her dog and it wouldn't shut up. The cops showed up asking what we were doing and I told them we had no time during the day and the neighbor needed us to trim. My husband threw in some comments that I wanted to stomp on his foot but he was on the other side of the fence. :roll: Finally determining we could not really be ticketed or even warned for anything since we were on our property and not using a chainsaw or similar, they left. The woman let her dog out immediately, it barked it's head off, she yelled at it to be quiet, it barked it's head off, she yelled at it to come inside, it barked it's head off..... That dog does that anytime I'm doing something it notices while I'm outside and at our dogs all the time. Sure I've complained of people setting off my dogs at odd hours but they were illegally letting their dogs run loose to harass mine through the open window well onto our property and poop in our yard. I was quietly on my property with my dogs confined indoors being quiet. Her dog is her problem and noise violation if applicable since we can't ticket for being too lazy to learn how to train your dog. If I was on the other side of my fence the police would not have been called except on her dog. :lol: So my not waking up until 5pm and not really feeling like I could do anything before 7pm got the police called.

On the plus side I should have gotten a pic of our mulberry haul. We got 4 large boxes of leaves and endless branches for the critters. The guinea pigs polished off 2 boxes before getting full. Some pieces might even make bird perches and sometime a year or 2 from now depending how money plays out my husband wants to replace the hedgehog breeding we were doing with flying squirrels which seem more suitable for various homes from their ease of taming to their simple diet and cleanliness compared to hedgehogs or sugar gliders. It's just marketing them since they aren't known in Iowa but everyone my husband has talked to wants one so he's already got a 4 person wait list. :D

Sorry you are having health issues. I suffer bouts of fatigue with my lupus, so I feel for you. Hoping your issues get better soon.

My hubby says "no more animals", but he would love a flying squirrel. Too cute!

Sounds like an adventure! I bet it is tough working around a cray sleep schedule - but it's not much different than people who have to work night shift! You just are working at home ;) I sometimes wonder what my body would do if I didn't have children to keep me on some form of a schedule. I am laying on the couch now, totally exhausted. I have once again pushed myself too hard, too many days in a row and am struggling to function... it's not fun at all :( . The cooler weather has helped my sleep tremendously though... we suspected I was staying too warm, but sensory wise I need the weight of a heavier blanket so DH got me a little fan which at least helped a little (the air was already running nearly non-stop to keep it at 74/75 so we didn't want to push it any harder). The last two nights it has dropped into the 40's and we had our window open a little so it was nice and crisp.... ahhhhhhh....

My dad had a family of wild flying squirrels in the attic space of a house he was working on. He thought they were rats (saw bits of activity and the nest) and was going to set out traps and poison but once he realized what they were he ended up feeding them :lol: . He would take handfuls of nuts and things and set them on the rafters...

I think rapid changes in weather is one of the triggers for my sudden sleep issues and crash of energy. I have decided when this happens I should just go with it because it does seem to fix itself and me messing around just gets me sleep deprivation. I am awake at 2pm instead of 5pm which is fairly normal for me and I didn't really do anything differently. My body just adjusted to whatever and went back to normal.

Latest posts

Back