What colors?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What breed?
Out of the cream x broken black, you'll probably get chestnuts and broken chestnut, maybe with some chances at other colors like black, broken black, opal, broken opal, orange, broken orange, etc, depending on what the two carry (if the cream carries self, and if the broken black carries non-extension or dilute)
Out of the frosty x cream, you'll probably get oranges, maybe some cream, frosties, blue frosties, or even tort if the two carry the right genes.

Cream doe = A_ B_ C_ dd ee enen
Frosty buck = A_ B_ cchd_ D_ ee enen
Bkn blk buck = aa B_ C_ D_ E_ ENen

Cream X bkn black = solid and broken chestnut
Depending on recessive genes you might get solid and broken blacks, possibly Opal or blues or maybe torts and others

Cream X frosty = fawn
Depending on recessives you might get frosty or cream (blue fawn) or possibly torts

:

Theres a possibility you may get steels or stuff out of the broken black then, since the steel gene is so common in mini lops

When bred to the frosty, oranges/fawns are the most likely possibility (the only way that you wouldn't have a chance at oranges was if the frosty was blue or lilac based; then you'd probably get creams)

If it has brown eyes, then it is not blue or lilac based. The tips of the ears are usually the same color as the base (so black tipped ears is a black based frosted pearl, chocolate tipped ears is a chocolate tipped frosted pearl, etc)

His ears are brownish I think I will have to check when I get home. If I didn't know she was pregnant and she was in with my black buck how would I know who the dad was?

Back