Aggressive Doe?!?!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oscar

Reaction score
What should I do? My frosted doe is aggressive towards my buck. Is there anything I can do about this? Does that have anything to do with that she has been with another doe for her whole life?

I have one particular doe who is always aggressive towards the buck. I have to hold her to get her bred and then remove her immediately. Mine has been raised on her own, so I don't think it's because yours was raised with a doe. Some are just that way.

i actually just culled a doe today that would attack any buck i put her with (and really any other rabbit i turned her out into the yard with to get exercise,) but was otherwise a nice rabbit. personally i don't have the time or energy to deal with an aggressive doe, even if she is nice to me. if she won't breed at least somewhat easily, she goes to freezer camp. if nothing else, that personality trait could pass on to her children, and you don't want an entire line of tough breeders. there's plenty of other nice, easy to breed does out there.

I don't want to cull her because she belonged to my little cousins, and I wouldn't eat her. Yes I will quarantine her, has anyone ever bought rabbit hutches from Walmart? Part of the reason "she" is agressive is she isn't a she at all. He is now sepperated from Penny, but I will still palpate her regularly, if I do want to breed her to one of them does ACV actually work, and how?

ACV is supposed to help level out hormones and is also good for overall health, a bonus when breeding. How it works is you just add a couple of splashes to their water, at least a couple of times per week. Some do it daily because it can also help reduce algee growth in crocks or water bottles, and it doesnt hurt to do it every day. I only use the raw ACV with the mother tho. It should also help with mites or fleas, and a preventative.

If you have already put them together, I would quarantine them both for 30 days.

I only have 3 rabbits, and Penny and Jewels have already been together from what I know. So they have all been exposed from what I know.

Latest posts

Back