Flemish giants

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a flemish giant a few months a go its a doe...Shes a Steel colored and I've read they are not a really common color so this is also another question on colors. So next year I was going to breed her and I was curious about what color I can breed her with. I've heard a few different colors you can breed with steel but I want to keep the correct coloration. So does any one know what color flemishs can be bred with Steel.

If you can't find another steel to try breeding her to, light gray is the next best color. Avoid sandies, fawns, and blues. Blacks and whites can be mixed with steel if they come from a heavily steel background (so mostly steel in their pedigree, and no sandies, blues or fawns). Flemish people are rather strict about colors though and breeding her to anything but a steel gray or a light gray will lower the value & quality of her offspring. Steels and light grays aren't very uncommon, and you should be able to find her a mate fairly easily.

Thank you all for the help....and Homer i'm in Illinois soooo...LOL
I have a breeder that isn't too far away so Ill get in touch and hopefully get a light grey because she doesn't have any steel colored.

Latest posts

Back