Breeding colors together help!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im new to breeding mini lops and i want to breed some of my does. I have 2 frosted pearl does and was wondering what color buck should i use? I want to show them only for 4h though. So is theres certain colors that shouldn't be bred together?
Can I use a Broken Chestnut buck on my frosted pearls? I can't find any frosted pearl bucks what other color can I use! Please help! :troll: :troll:

Thank you! Do you think babies would be 4h showable? And what about new zealands what colors can be bred together? I have a broken black, white with black ears and nose and a red new zealand any suggestions on what color buck to use?

If the parents were show quality, theres a good chance the babies may be.

NZ are bit harsher with their colors. You should only breed the broken black to a solid black, and you should only breed the red to a red or broken red. additionally, whites should only be bred to whites. If you mix colors, you could get unshowable varieties like chestnut and steel.

Latest posts

Back