Florida White, am I dealing with a breed issue?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBov

Reaction score
I only have one pair left of Florida White and Pickles just gave us a litter of one huge and one tiny kit, both dead.

We have had up to 6 FW does producing at any given time and have had this many time with them but there would usually be three to four live kits as well.

But they are the ONLY breed we have had this with, except for my first meat mutts who would produce at least one kit that would get to about 3 weeks old and then fade away. Once I started breeding them out to other rabbits - yeh, I got a few more rabbits really fast :lol: - we never got another fader but the memory of those buns has got me thinking that perhaps its the FW BREED that might have problems?

These are my last FWs as they dont seem to handle the heat very well, although they are CRACKING GREAT meat rabbits, wonderful weight gain and the small size of the breeders makes it really easy to handle them.

I have bred Pickles to a Rex to see what kind of litter we get, just as an experiment, but I was curious if anyone else has had this with FWs?

I know this post is kinda old, but I have had a litter of 4 with 2 big and 2 small, alive, Florida White. The name of your doe and your location piqued my interest, as mine have a relative (aunt) named pickles. I am in North Florida, mine came from central florida.

oakhollow":s040xq5e said:
I know this post is kinda old, but I have had a litter of 4 with 2 big and 2 small, alive, Florida White. The name of your doe and your location piqued my interest, as mine have a relative (aunt) named pickles. I am in North Florida, mine came from central florida.

They are most likely the same bun, esp if they came from Central Fl.

Back