Squirrel with a broken leg

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So, apparently my step father in-law or whatever you wanna call him found a squirrel on the road with a broken leg. I saw on some squirrel forum that says to give them vitamins on a Peanut butter sandwich, that's cut into tiny pieces. I don't know what vitamins and I really don't want to have to make an account on a new forum. I was hoping someone on here might have experience with squirrels and broken legs. I haven't seen it yet so I can't say very much for it right now. But as soon as he gets home I'll be checking it out. Any clues as how to sex one? lol

ButtonsPalace":2ot04hf1 said:
So, apparently my step father in-law or whatever you wanna call him found a squirrel on the road with a broken leg. I saw on some squirrel forum that says to give them vitamins on a Peanut butter sandwich, that's cut into tiny pieces. I don't know what vitamins and I really don't want to have to make an account on a new forum. I was hoping someone on here might have experience with squirrels and broken legs. I haven't seen it yet so I can't say very much for it right now. But as soon as he gets home I'll be checking it out. Any clues as how to sex one? lol

Can't help with the vitamins, but if it's a mature squirrel males are very very obvious :lol:

Well I didn't see any testicles so I can only suppose it must be a female lol. I ended up making an account on the rabbit forum and I posted but still no response :/ Maybe someone on here knows a bit about rabbits *One can hope so anyway lol*

FYI, in NC it is illegal to rehabilitate a squirrel without a license and to keep one as a pet.

Well closest Rehab center is apparently 3 hrs away but I will let them know. I looked at several sites and my understanding is as long as we release her it's fine. She's only going to be here until her leg heals anyway... Which from the sounds of it takes about 2 weeks. We're trying not to pet her or anything so she don't get used to us hopefully. I'm glad to know it's illegal to keep them as a pet though.

Homer":35mld43s said:
Marinea":35mld43s said:
FYI, in NC it is illegal to rehabilitate a squirrel without a license and to keep one as a pet.
What's your point? :laugh2: You know most of us would try anyway. :twisted:

I would likely try to rehab it as well. But...maybe I jumped the gun, but asking about sexing it makes me think someone is looking for a pet. BP has a big heart.

Oh she passed away that night. I was asking about sex because I didn't see testicles and I was curious as to whether that's a noticeable thing or not. If it was a nice squirrel in the end it probably would've been a pet hehe! My mom is an animal lover, that's where I got it from. If you saw me with my cat you'd know I'm secretly a cat/bunny person lol :3

Attachments

• IMG_20160524_194221.jpg
    IMG_20160524_194221.jpg
    165.4 KB · Views: 1,854
Back