Sorry for vanishing!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss M

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I have been on very little for a while. I have come on and done a couple of things here and there, but not much.

Things have been pretty nutty around here since the flooding some weeks ago. Our home did not flood. We got over 27" of rain on our land, but it all ran off as it fell. We bought well.

Actually, our tiny town didn't flood. It was basically an island, with roads flooded in every direction if you ventured more than a few miles. Less than 10 miles away, rescuers were plucking people out of trees. We offered refuge to a number of people, but no one could get to us. We have friends and family members whose homes flooded.

The following Sunday, we ventured out to see if we could get to church. We made it, and were not surprised to find that it had experienced flooding. It is, after all, very close to a river. We were surprised to see that only one building flooded -- the fellowship hall. We had come in work clothes, and started helping clear out cabinets and all sorts of other tasks.

The next day, I had to take my mom to the ER for respiratory issues. A nebulizer treatment did wonders for her, and she didn't have to stay. Early the next morning, I woke up and couldn't breathe. BWK helped me take some of his albuterol, and then my beloved Shay took me to the ER. I had never had respiratory problems before. I got a nebulizer treatment as well, and Mom and I both ended up with several inhaled medications to help us breathe normally again.

My lungs are finally back to full capacity.

Meanwhile, we have been washing church dishes and drying church records. I take the books apart and hang the pages up on lines strung on the walls. It works well. We've had lots of doctor visits and such. I've been generally exhausted until just the last week or so because it's been hard to breathe.

So I've been mostly on FB, which requires a lot less brain power. LOL

What a tough time you've been having, Miss M! The weather is crazy so many places this year. Akane is reporting flooding in her area too.

Sorry to hear about your respiratory problems. :cry: The nebulizer treatments do help. My dad had to have those several times a day in his last years. He had severe COPD. Was your breathing problem related to the flooding/dampness/moulds etc.?

Things here on RT have been quiet, so although we have missed you and MSD a lot, it's been pretty smooth sailing. Hope you'll be able to join us more as time goes on and your life gets back to normal.

MaggieJ":24lnl4vt said:
Akane is reporting flooding in her area too.
Yes, I had heard that area was flooding... I confess I don't know much about it because we've been helping with recovery around here. Much devastation, just unbelievable. We had no warning (weather reports called for a rainy week... we get that all the time), and a lot of places flooded that have never flooded before. I sure hope it isn't anywhere near this bad for Akane! :(

Sorry to hear about your respiratory problems. :cry: The nebulizer treatments do help. My dad had to have those several times a day in his last years. He had severe COPD.
The nebulizer treatment did help a lot, though the doctor could tell I still had restricted breathing. I got a steroid shot, and then my doctor put me on three different inhalers. It took some time, but it finally got my lungs opened back up.

Was your breathing problem related to the flooding/dampness/moulds etc.?
Yes, that first day we did not have masks. You couldn't see mold/mildew yet, but I read later that it starts in as little as 36 hours (especially in our climate), so it was definitely there. It was about a week from the height of the flooding in our area to that Sunday. The ER doctor and my doctor both connected my problems to the flooding. I was cleaning out flooded cabinets, surrounded by flood silt that could have contained just about anything. It almost certainly included some ingredients from the cow pasture across the road -- no problem walking in it, but breathing it would be a whole different issue. Interestingly, Shay and BWK had no issues, in spite of the fact that BWK probably has the worst asthma in the house, and Galadriel just had a little tightness that cleared up with albuterol. My doctor just shrugged and said different people are sensitive to different things, even when you're talking about asthma. I just happened to be really sensitive to something there.

Things here on RT have been quiet, so although we have missed you and MSD a lot, it's been pretty smooth sailing. Hope you'll be able to join us more as time goes on and your life gets back to normal.
I've been really glad to see every time I have popped in that there didn't appear to be any toxic threads. The members here are awesome! Just makes me snicker a little at the divas who have flounced out (or been banned) in the past -- "The Admins and Mods run RT with an iron fist, like their own little fiefdom, etc. etc. etc." Really? Then how come the Mods can drop off the planet for a while and nothing happens? Oh, it must be Iron Fist Maggie, keeping all 4000+ members under her thumb. :roll: :cool:

the reluctant farmer":24lnl4vt said:
Hi Miss M! Haven't been on much either because of a lot of life stuff, but popped on now & saw your post. Hugs to you & yours--glad your home is ok! Hope to see you are well and back when I pop on again.
Hi, TRF! Still coughing some, but much, much better! We hung drywall yesterday, and my legs are so exhausted they do not want to do what I want them to right now. :lol: We'll probably hang more this coming Saturday. Thank you for the hugs and well wishes!! I need to send you a message. :)

Marinea":24lnl4vt said:
*hugs*

You are missed. Prayers sent for you and yours.
Thank you, Marinea! We sure do appreciate the prayers! And hugs!

I need to contact MC again. I had forgotten that our ability to get on RT is intermittent, as well. :shock:

I'll add my prayers to everyone else's, both for the flooding to end and any lingering respiratory issues to clear up quickly.

So glad to see you back on RT, Miss M! Maggie's Legendary Iron Fist just intimidated new-comers like myself into behaving in your absence ;)

Nymphadora":35g8kkjy said:
I'll add my prayers to everyone else's, both for the flooding to end and any lingering respiratory issues to clear up quickly.

So glad to see you back on RT, Miss M! Maggie's Legendary Iron First just intimidated new-comers like myself into behaving in your absence ;)

We are supposed to behave??!! :p

Glad to hear you were spared the worst Miss ... Prayers to all those struggling against the elements this year.

Nymphadora":4l03ykca said:

So glad to see you back on RT, Miss M! Maggie's Legendary Iron First just intimidated new-comers like myself into behaving in your absence ;)

I have an Iron Fist? Goodness! Who knew! :lol:

MaggieJ":2vkc2bv1 said:
I have an Iron Fist? Goodness! Who knew! :lol:

Oh yes, and Miss M sends a message to all new members to respect the Iron Fist or face the forum admins' wrath :twisted:

Truly, though, I used to be fairly active on a fancy goldfish forum that got a lot of complaints about the leadership. RT is nothing like that, so anyone claiming the admins to be heavy-handed here is out of their minds :lol:

Miss M so sorry you had such a reaction to the molds. Really glad to hear you and mom are on the mend! I can always send my nurse if you want.
a75e890b67904e0cde9b4261a148a20c.jpg

She likes doling out the shots you know. :twisted:

As for the ruffians around here. With the mods being tied up I've got your back Maggie. I give you guys a hard enough time so I'll back ya up. They ain't seen an "Iron Fist" before. :lol:

I.F..jpeg

As for the ruffians around here. With the mods being tied up I've got your back Maggie. I give you guys a hard enough time so I'll back ya up. They ain't seen an "Iron Fist" before. :lol:

Thanks, Homer! :D

(My goodness, though, I shudder to think what you'd do if you had access to a Ban Hammer!)

Honestly, I can't remember the last time a member got out of line. From what I've seen and heard about other forums, we have to have the nicest and most respectful members online anywhere!

MaggieJ":lpw1d0jc said:
(My goodness, though, I shudder to think what you'd do if you had access to a Ban Hammer!)
Actually the "Hammer" is a bit tame. I prefer an axe. :p I usually get yelled at by other mods and admins for being to tolerant. You know, good cop bad cop.

MaggieJ":lpw1d0jc said:
Honestly, I can't remember the last time a member got out of line. From what I've seen and heard about other forums, we have to have the nicest and most respectful members online anywhere!
I can but it was a newbie giving ol whats-her-name a hard time. He didn't last long. Miss M "chaired" him and MSD finished him off. All before I had time to warn him he would be banned. :lol:

Miss M":7s8hbhgg said:
I have been on very little for a while. I have come on and done a couple of things here and there, but not much.

You and me both! Little did poor MaggieJ know that we would become the Incredible Synchronized Vanishing Mods when she hired us on. Sorry, MaggieJ! :oops:

Things have been pretty nutty around here since the flooding some weeks ago.

I am so amazed how all of the communities worked to repair the damage and help one another out. That must have been an incredible thing to witness amid all of the devastation, and also an uplifting experience for all involved. I am not surprised that you and your family were a part of the team to help put your corner of the world back together, and I am prouder than ever to call you and your family my friends. :)

So I've been mostly on FB, which requires a lot less brain power. LOL

Ain't that the truth! Since I advertise on a lot of the rabbit groups, I feel that it is important that I also comment on posts... but my replies are always pretty short and to the point, unlike here at RT where I babble on incessantly. I just don't have the connection with people there compared to here at RT where it feels like family.

I've been really glad to see every time I have popped in that there didn't appear to be any toxic threads. The members here are awesome! Just makes me snicker a little at the divas who have flounced out (or been banned) in the past -- "The Admins and Mods run RT with an iron fist, like their own little fiefdom, etc. etc. etc." Really? Then how come the Mods can drop off the planet for a while and nothing happens? Oh, it must be Iron Fist Maggie, keeping all 4000+ members under her thumb. :roll: :cool:

We do have the best group of people here. :D But we also have a heavy arsenal at our disposal, thanks to MidnightCoder's extensive emoticon collection. :p

Not to mention ol' Iron Fist. :mrgreen:

SarniaTricia":7s8hbhgg said:
We are supposed to behave??!! :p

:rotfl:

MaggieJ":7s8hbhgg said:

Thanks, Homer! :D

Oh, yikes! Perish the thought of Homer with a Ban Hammer- I would likely be the first victim! :x

Glad you're still kicking.
kick-boxers.jpg

It's just not right without a greenie to pick on. I told Maggie more than once I'd help her if she needed but to be honest, this place with all the great members runs itself. She really didn't doesn't need it. :hmm: :whistle:

You're right, Homer, that with our great members, RT pretty much runs itself. But you have to admit, our greenies add a lot of liveliness and fun, as well as giving wonderful rabbit advice. I'm very glad to see MSD back again! And I hope Miss M will be here more often too, once things in her neck of the woods improve.

Latest posts

Back