If you could create your OWN breed ...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that Mini Rex mama carries a wool gene like Jersey Woolly. She wouldn't be the first one, as I assume many people are curious what happens when you cross a rex and wool gene!

A flemish giant sized rabbit with a lionhead mane and the color of a thrianta. I would absolutely love that! Call it a Giant Lion.

Devon's Mom Lauren":38l0wax6 said:
I think that Mini Rex mama carries a wool gene like Jersey Woolly. She wouldn't be the first one, as I assume many people are curious what happens when you cross a rex and wool gene!

You get Opossum Rex.

Something like a silver fox, without the silver, but keep the size and personality, and the dense standup fur, and let the foxy fur come in dilute agouti shades, like opal and lynx.

I would like a flemish size with rex fur lop ears( maybe english lop sized ears lol) HUGE and the sweetest personality ever lol
And there are a whole bunch more but that for now

Your in luck Dutchess, what you described is a "Fuzzy Lop". They are really cute! :)

I've never had one personally but I here they are very sweet. You can google Fuzzy Lop to see lots of pictures but be prepared for cuteness overload! :)

The_Dutchess":226gwwf5 said:
Really???? DOes anyone have these? What are they like?

They are very cute and holland sweet, and mat quite easily, because they don't have the guard hairs like Woolies.

If you love to groom, you should get one. Every so often holland breeders give them away for free at shows (fuzzy hollands pop out of lines occasionally). I really wish I had taken the one I was offered the last time I was out.

I would go with the fur softness of my beverens and the coloring of my harlequins, with the size of my NZ/Flemish crosses.

I recently obtained mini plush lops from a breeder in Kentucky. They are soooo sweet and soft. I'm looking in to getting a few more to breed them. Although they cost more than a regular rabbit they are worth it. I have had a few "haters" reminding me that they are worthless, but seriously who wouldn't want a rabbit that has lopped ears and super soft fur?! Haters gonna hate! I love my furbabies anyway!

A dutch but new zealand sized.....there's a landrace breed in sweden that is basically exactly what i want, but they're very rare even there and would be hard to import, haha. i'll probably do it as a fun project in the future when i have more space.

my best friend bred some silvered black gold steel and gave me one and now i'm smitten and want to make a little homebrew breed out of them...i feel like it'd be impossible to find a buck to breed my doe to, though. not too many people crossing d'argents to new zealands like they did, sigh. i could probably buy my own pair to cross and see what i get but i really don't have the room for rabbits i don't actually plan on keeping long-term.

i'm also pretty interested in seeing what a silver fox or champagne crossed with a rex would look like coat-wise. i have the rexes - who wants to loan me a stud?

Oooh! This will be fun....ok here's my idea:
Angora/Fuzzy lop/Jersey wooly/Hot tot
So a white rabbit with black circles around the eyes, SUPER fluffy long fur, Up ears, and super soft. If I ever moved back to the U.S.A I would really think of trying that out. Crossing a Jersey Wooly and Angora and then crossing that with a Fuzzy lop cross hot tot.
What would that look like?

It sounds like it would be fun if someone had the time and money to invest in very good breeding stock and only keeping the best of the best and trying to get rid of bad genes and not inbreed. I mean if I had 10k I'd probably do something similar

ButtonsPalace":22uu1juu said:
It sounds like it would be fun if someone had the time and money to invest in very good breeding stock and only keeping the best of the best and trying to get rid of bad genes and not inbreed. I mean if I had 10k I'd probably do something similar

I have spent a lot of time sorting genetic defects out of established meat / fur breeds-- the idea of creating a miniature Pet breed would totally scare me... done right this would be a major undertaking...

I want some sort of mix between a NZ/ American Chin/ and SF. Which is something I've actually managed to get. I'm curious to see what they'll look like grown. They have an amazing, very sweet personality, easy to handle, and they have grown really big seeing as it's only been the two of them. They are black right now, but, I'm curious to see if they are going to get the silvering (Kind've hoping one does and one don't or both won't, I would love two solid black rabbits)

Back