So excited, my gsd will be dock diving this weekend! pics!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been wanting to get steel into dock diving for a while. Just havent jumped on it because there isnt any close to us. But after we took the chance and allowed him into our pool (fear of him ripping the liner was real lol) we cant deny him the fun he would have competing in the sport.

So this weekend I'll be traveling 2.5 hrs to let him try it. There is an open practice run where any dog can try it. But the trip isnt too bad. Its in my home town and state so we can visit family & friends. If steel likes it and does decent, I plan on joining the club.

Im so excited, i should be sleeping right now but i feel like a kid on xmas eve! Lol

Here are some pics of steel LOVING the pool!!! He gets a nice distance from just a stand still so im hoping he takes after his father and excels at it. His father also does dock diving and loves it! It just seems like so much fun between owner and dog. :)

I wish I could do something like that when I get my GSD next year, but sadly there is no place around me where I could train. :(

Anyways he is a beautiful dog, looks like he will do great! Good luck!

Jessica, where are you getting your gsd from? I can recommend some great breeders :)
Also a quick google seach brought this place up for dock dogs in Ohio
http://buckeyedockdogs.com

And thank you everyone for the compliments on my Steel. I love this boy to the moon and back!!!!!

__________ Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:38 am __________

__________ Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:42 am __________

Raw fed power!!!

Raw fed teeth!!!

Hes my everything

ipoGSD":3isfyhy3 said:
Jessica, where are you getting your gsd from? I can recommend some great breeders :)
Also a quick google seach brought this place up for dock dogs in Ohio
http://buckeyedockdogs.com

I am getting a pup from Hemlock Shepherds. They are not as active in sports as I would like to see, but she is very careful in what she selects for breeding stock, and more importantly she does health testing! I have talked to people that own pups from her and so far I haven't heard anything bad. I have first pick female from either the Ox/ Nox litter or the Cash/ Calypso litter.

I am friends with a trainer that is experienced with working dogs. He trains personal protection dogs, tracking, and obedience. He also trains sled dogs, but that is not what I am going for :lol: Anyways he is going to help make sure I pick a puppy that best suites my family and the sports my daughter and I want to do. Which at this time is UKC conformation, obedience, rally and agility (more training for agility rather than competitive)

Awsome. Never heard of that kennel but sounds like you've done your research.

The 2 I was going to recommend was steels breeder. Shes located in buffalo ny. The kennel name is vom eisenraben. She health tests for everything! Heart, thyroid, hips, elbows, DM & dentition. Also works & titles her dogs. Her dogs are GORGEOUS and extremely friendly but excel in IPO

The other breeder (one i was first considering but their waiting list for a male at that time was over a year) kavallerie kennels. they have awesome working dogs too.

Congrats on your future puppy!!!!!!. <br /><br /> __________ Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:52 pm __________ <br /><br /> So i forgot to post pics after that weekend. I also went last weekend.

https://youtu.be/3NNUdRWJ62c

My daughter is going to make a great dog handler!

ipoGSD":1et05ido said:

Raw fed teeth!!!

First reaction: :shock: Yowzers, those teeth!

Then? :yes: Very pretty!

I have watched a number of dog competitions and am amazed at what they can do! In the future, once the kids are older, I am hoping to either train a dog to go into hospitals and/or schools, or help with raising and training service dogs.

Marinea, you sure do know how to win my heart lol ty, i truly feel like he's the most handsome ever buttttt i might be slightly biased:)

My niece said to me, "aunt maizie if there was such thing as a dog narcissist, that would be you!" I said awwwww ty my niece, i think thats the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. She said in a very unfriendly tone "thats not a good thing aunt maizie...." i said to me it is! LMAO

My boy is my dream dog. I have always wanted a real german line GSD with impeccable bloodlines and from parents that were fully health tested :) and he is everything I could have dreamed he would be. And then some!

Im so obsessed with him, my wife even gets jealous at times lol

Back