Breeding different sized small breed rabbits?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LittleFluffyBunnies

Reaction score
I have asked about this pair before, but I got their weights and would like a second opinion.

So, after my herd sire died I couldn't find an adult buck and I had to buy a junior. He won't be ready to breed until early next year. I can be patient and wait, since my only purpose in breeding is a fun project, but I had wanted to get at least one more litter this year. my sister has a small breed buck but I'm not sure if he is too big. He is noticeably bigger. His conformation is reasonably similar, my doe is quite slim abd he is rather thick but he has the same build as my previous herd sire.
The buck weighs 4.1 pounds, and the doe 3.4 pounds.
The doe has had two litters before.
The buck is the REW and the doe the Smoke Pearl.

I would like to know if this is perfectly safe or if there is any risk. My doe is really important to me and I don't want to put her at risk. I would rather be patient than lose her. I was just curious if maybe I was being paranoid and the size difference doesn't matter.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender(21).jpg
    FullSizeRender(21).jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 914
Their size is not too different and I wouldn't worry about breeding a 4.1 lb male to a 3.4 lb female

If he was closer to 6 pounds I would not risk it

Latest posts

Back