Serious injury *Need help now please*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ButtonsPalace":2qdpej4k said:
Well I guess I'll sell live rabbits and what I can't sell will be processed for our own personal consumption. I would eventually like to be able to process and sell rabbits. Well at least I can attempt to sell hides? Ears as dog chew bones? Sell rabbit feet as well.. I'm glad you guys brought up the whole thing about the rabbits and the laws I would've hated to have lost all my rabbits and got a huge fine on top of it all! That would be soo awful!

I hesitated to mention it b/c some people would rather stay in the dark :? , but didn't want you to invest too much into it and something come up in the future.

If and when you have enough meat rabbits to sell, it is (at least here in Ontario it is) possible to have them processed at an approved facility. You take the rabbits to them and they do the processing and then you can sell to the public.

The big drawback is that it isn't cheap to have the rabbits processed and unless you have a good market you'll be working for nothing or next to nothing by the time you factor in your costs and time.

About the only way I know to make this work is to have upscale restaurants as buyers for the rabbit meat. They pay more because they charge an arm and a leg for a dinner. :roll:

No upscale restaurants around here haha. I was planning to sell all that I could live. Maybe I can find someone local who has a certified kitchen that can be used for the slaughtering and processing of rabbits? I'll figure something out.

Latest posts

Back