After running around the house with scissors.... pictures

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Everything is safely drip acclimating to their new or temporary tank. Josh gave me $50 at the fish swap. :lol:

Got blue swordtail guppies, cherry shrimp, red ramshorn snails, various colors of applesnails, malaysian trumpet snails, and red crayfish. Pics have to wait until I have time tomorrow because I lost my camera and my phone is having white balance issues. All I got was a blurry red mark in a bright blue screen and no one will help find my camera. :(

Definitely need pics! Curious about the crayfish. I tried frogs one time... I floated the bag in the tank for a couple of hours, poured them in... and... dead as soon as they hit the tank water :( I will say that any fish we got from that particular pet store died rather quickly so I assume there was something else going on (we were able to keep some from another store alive, no problem). The last batch I got died pretty quick as well. I tried to get some companions for the lone schooling fish (two different species) and an apple snail - no luck. All the ones we got with the tank? Still going strong. I was able to add a small albino cory cat succcessfully. Fish just aren't my thing I guess :roll: as much as I like them. I would love to do a pond type set up (that you described in another post) - that would be neat. I do have an empty 10 gallon tank downstairs... hmmmm... :hmm:

How many tanks do you have going now??

I just got done fiddling with our one (the one my oldest bought from our tenant/neighbor super cheap last year). We had a power outage while we were gone last week and I guess it fried the motor on the pump. I didn't even realize it... DH noticed it one night after we laid down, then I forgot to tinker with it the next day. That night ODS asked (of course, after we were already in bed) - why don't I hear any bubbling? Shoot :wall: . So at 11:30 I was up rummaging for our 10 gallon tank filter (well, no filters, just the pump part) and trying to find a bubbler (I'm sure that's the technical term :lol: ) that worked to at least get water moving. There was already a film on top :x . Just got the new 50 gallon assembly in today (yay Amazon). They should be much happier now! <br /><br /> __________ Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:49 pm __________ <br /><br /> OK, looking at the pics, I assume drip acclimating is slowly moving water form the tank into their containers? How long does that take?

Depends on the drip. You can set it from a steady dribble to an occasional drip by pinching an airline tube or running it through a valve. Also depends on the size of the container and starting water. Less starting water and a smaller container is going to fill to your new tank water faster than a larger container. Usually you can get something in the tank within 30-40mins. Sometimes you might spend a couple hours. Occasionally people buy something very expensive and spend all day converting it. This is actually a temporary tank to let them adjust to an inbetween and then get moved on. I tend to lose male guppies and experimenting with feeders I found running extra hard water with a level of salt kept the feeder guppies and feeder ghost shrimp alive much better before moving them to my normal water. That in mind the tank is not aquascaped at all. It's just everything thrown in there to give the shrimp hiding places. Bare adjustment and quarantine tanks may be convenient but they'll kill more fish and inverts. The crayfish we just mix 50/50 old to new water, wait 10-20mins, and plop them in.

Blue, jade, and striped applesnails and pink ramshorns

Look very closely for cherry shrimp and some malaysian trumpet snails

My trio of blue swordtail guppies

The crayfish were in a 40g breeder but water was found pooling outside a corner. It was drained, inspected, refilled slowly, and nothing so the crayfish are mostly in the 30g long. I pulled out the blue male who was harassing everything back to the 40g so there is a blue female, a wild color male which is red, red female, and orange female

Red trying to ambush fish

The blue male in breeding morph, crayfish have 2 forms that they will switch between seasonally

I also have small wild crayfish in 2 tanks with one having my orange/red striped guppies

Then I have a 40g orange spotted sunfish tank and a blue ramshorn 10g

Latest posts

Back