Register

Hey! Newbie here :)

Site News, Announcements, Posting Guidelines and Introductions.
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
United States of America Female
BunnyBucks: 72.00

Hey! Newbie here :)

Post Number:#1  Unread postby Lilbit08 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:33 pm

My names Samantha. I got started in the world of rabbits back in maech when my 6 year old son wanted to start showing. We bought our first two mini rex does in march and now our rabbitry includes around 45 rabbits. We raise mini rex and mini lop that my son shows in youth shows. We've only been to one show so far and that was a late spring show. But we have many prospects in barn right now and have a calender full of shows this fall and we can't wait :) I am concentrating our mini rex on opals, castors, blues, and blue otters. And our mini lops are all over the place in colors, so no specialty yet.

May run into some of yall at shows. Happy showing :)

Site Admin
11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership11 years of membership
Canada Female
BunnyBucks: 61,414.00

Re: Hey! Newbie here :)

Post Number:#2  Unread postby MaggieJ » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:53 pm

Welcome, Samantha & son! :welcome:

We have quite a few parent and child(ren) members who are enthusiastic about showing rabbits.

Hope you find this a friendly community to share experiences and questions. :D
Sojourning in 1894 . . .

8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership8 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 21,202.00

Post Number:#3  Unread postby Marinea » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:54 pm

Welcome!

And...we love pictures here :)
Bird House Farm
Organic heirloom farming on a small scale

Site Supporter
4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership4 years of membership
BunnyBucks: 2,681.00

Post Number:#4  Unread postby SixGun » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:51 pm

Welcome

I am also new to the site and have a Jr. showman in the raising.

My DH is so concerned we will have the same storyline... 2 to 45 in 6 months, but I assure him, thats ok. :) :P
English, French and Satin Angoras

BunnyBucks: 72.00

Post Number:#5  Unread postby Lilbit08 » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:26 pm

SixGun wrote:Welcome

I am also new to the site and have a Jr. showman in the raising.

My DH is so concerned we will have the same storyline... 2 to 45 in 6 months, but I assure him, thats ok. :) :P

Haha it is very easy to do! Especially when you have an awesome support group locally like mine that have helped us get an amazing start. We literally went up to 40 some in a couple months. But I cut off bringing in new rabbits for now, we have our breeding herd so I am gonna develop what we have, then bring in more as needed later on or if what we have doesnt produce what we want.