Two are with foster mom but this one..well... *edited title*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never dealt with this particular situation, but to me the cut looks clean and should close on its own. It looks to me as though a rather thick scar may result, but unless this is a potential show rabbit, that should not matter. Continue to watch for infection, but a plantain salve should certainly help prevent this. Where did you learn to use plantain?

My boyfriends mom uses natural stuff like plantain salve. We pick the plantains straight from our from yard and make salve it works wonders. Not a show bunny a pet thankfully. I am changing the babies bedding often to prevent infection

Sounds like your boyfriend's mom is someone from whom you can learn interesting things. :)

Remember that plantain is also excellent to remedy diarrhea in rabbits and is the safest of greens for young kits.

I know I have a natural remedies for bunnies saved in my favorites tab. I healed my rabbit Mootah with Plantain, Dandelion, and Willow Branch :). She's taught me a lot about plants and herbs and what they do. I love researching plants and their effects on rabbits and then giving it to the ones it applies to and watching them get better and the such, it's really cool. I really believe if I would've took Mootah to the vet they would've inhibited his healing. (His testicle finally re-descended) This babies leg looks like there is skin growing to close the gap it's pretty cool watching it. The baby also seems to be pooing and peeing? on his own... I rub it's little tummy and parts with a warm, damp, soft piece of fabric after every feeding but it usually don't go pee or poo then BUT there are little poo's in it's bed
https://riseandshinerabbitry.com/2012/0 ... r-rabbits/

-- September 4th, 2016, 1:13 pm --

*Gasping* Baby is stimulating itself (Makes sense why it wouldn't go when I did it now) <br /><br /> -- September 4th, 2016, 4:22 pm -- <br /><br /> Ok so one of the babies with foster mom was getting a bit scrawny so I brought him in for extra feedings with the goats milk recipe. I'm also going to be feeding them in the morning and night from momma, so they are just getting the goat's milk as a throughout the day filler.

Latest posts

Back