What do you charge???? RabbitTalk sellers guide!!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pricing Update:

Due to rising costs in feed having to go even further to get some that is worth feeding; I've raised all prices by $10.00 on my original post. I have sold a handful of cheaper rabbits since then at a Tractor Supply Swap last fall (regretfully so as well as I ended up having customers that thought I should be responsible for poor housing resulting in tooth issues 3 months after ownership even though they checked them before they left my possession).

So I will not be attending any such functions unless rabbits are pre-sold nor even reducing prices at all for any reason no matter how nice the rabbit is and how much I'd rather see in a pet/FFA/4H/show home because of that occurrence. Every thing has been going to freezer camp if not sold within 4 weeks of posting unless I'm still using for breeding or makes at least the junior brood prospective cut. None of my Mini Rex, Rex, Lionhead litters have made brood/show prospective cuts and I am still with no Holland Lop litters....although I have been telling the girls they are next on the list for the stew pot if they don't produce. Still hopeful that they will pay for themselves this year even though I have a move coming (fall if I'm lucky) and need to do major cage repair/replacements.

NC rabbit my wife and I have been wanting to visit the western part of North Carolina for quite some time now, and my daughter is very interested in a college out that way. We live in Eastern North Carolina and I'm originally from the mountains of upstate New York. If we lived a bit closer I would definitely trade some new zealands for a few cali's, maybe one day we could. I'm still a rookie at raising and breeding rabbits but everyone here has been so helpful and I've learned so much here on RT.

Washington

Netherland Dwarfs - Pedigree comes free w/ rabbit.
does- $40
bucks- $30

I pay $15 for a 40lb bag.

I charge $40-$50 sometimes with a small bag of feed depending on supply and demand. We have Holland Lops in TX:)

Hamilton, New Zealand. I sell my mini lops for $100-200 NZD ($70-$140 USD). Food costs $30 NZD ($20 USD) for 25kg. Though pedigree, I sell them for pets as that's the biggest market. Thinking of raising my price as my last litter sold within 24hr of my ad being listed.

Ohio

I know I am a little late on this subject.

I only have Cali, I only sell for pets or meat breeders.

I have been getting 15 dollars a piece.

Was paying 17.00 or 50 lb. Found a better deal now paying 9.50 per 50 lb. Just bought a bale of orchard timothy hay for 5.00. :bunnyhop:

Updated

state or country: Pennsylvania

Breed: Price (NP=not pedigreed OR P=pedigreed)
$20-?? depending on quality. P or NP

Majority of your sales in order:
Brood Stock
Pets
Show

Price per 50# of feed- $18.99

[quo="Cookie & Co."]Hamilton, New Zealand. I sell my mini lops for $100-200 NZD ($70-$140 USD). Food costs $30 NZD ($20 USD) for 25kg. Though pedigree, I sell them for pets as that's the biggest market. Thinking of raising my price as my last litter sold within 24hr of my ad being listed.[/quote]
Wow im in matamata nz sell my mini lops for $30 and pay $25 for a 10kg pallet bag.
Have never had to advertise yet to sellmy babies as pets as breed litters when i have enough interest. Where do you list your pets? $100 is a great price to get.

SW Ontario Canada

NP
- New Zealand Cross & American Chin cross - 3mth and younger $20 - Proven Breeders $30
P - Harlequin - $30 proven breeders (haven't sold any young stock yet, but will likely sell same as NZ)
Processed (goven't facil.) - $4.50/lb (processed weight)
I was selling pelts for $5 - but now that I am learning how difficult a process this is ... Price is going up (TBD)

Small Rabbitry with 5 does - 4 bucks - 4/5 grow-up pens that are sometimes loaded with "clowns" (my name for young grow-outs)

$17 for a 50lb bag of Purina Performance 18% feed
$5.50 for second cut bale of hay
$15 for a 50lb bag of compressed Hay cubes

I sell very few... I have sold pets, but will only on a case by case basis... breeder stock ... I like to eat the rest!

state or country: Washington State

Holland Lop: P $70
Netherland Dwarf: P $70
Dutch: NP $50
Dutch: P $70

(^^I'm in a really good area ;) ^^)

What are the majority of your Sales in order from greatest to smallest
Pets, Breed Stock, Show, Meat.

Price per 40# of feed- $15.19 including tax

North/West Tennessee

English Spots:
Self's/Charlies: $30 np, $35 p
Marked: $40-$50 p depending on markings

$15 per 50lbs of feed

I breed specialty Holland Lops. Price range is crazy depending on eye color, VM, coat color, breeding quality, pet quality, show quality, and pedigree.

If has blue eyes or is VM or both, and rare colored pet quality, (no breeding or showing)- $200-$375 plus $15 for pedigree

If has blue eyes or is VM or both, and rare colored, show/brood QUALITY (i let buyers know about the VM fault) P- $250-$400

No blue eyes/no VM pet quality (no breed/show)- $80 plus $15 for pedigree

If blue eyed and/or VM but not a rare color, show/brood quality (breed/show aloud) P- $190-250

No blue eyes/no VM show/brood quality P- $175-$235

I pay like $8-$12 bucks per bale of timothy hay and $27.75 for 50 # Organic High Protein pellets

It varies greatly in my area. Right now, you can't give rabbits away (people aren't buying, even at $3-5 a pop). But that's typical of Summer here, business is good after hurricane season ends in September. My prices are based on the average for here, but I strictly never sell at summer prices so these are the rest of the year prices, lol.

Central FL area;
Rex P - $25-35 (depending on color, blues and opals seem to sell best along with anything broken, no one seems to want anything in the "brown" range like castor)
Rex NP - $15 a head, regardless of color, you can't convince people in my area to pay more than that for just a pet or meal. Usually people wont even go for the $15, typically more like $5.

E Angora P - $75-100 based on gender, more for does than for bucks, only really see BEW go for more than $85, though.

Probably not a huge surprise I'm strongly considering moving away from Rex. As lovely as they are, local show people want the minis and will pay exactly the same price for minis as I can get for my standards... but I'm paying way more for feed and bigger cages. My area seems to be a strong pet and show market, but garbage for "meat" or "pelt" breeds (you get the same price for meat mutts). When I had new Zealands, I tried showing and kept competing against myself pretty much. It was sad. I couldn't get more than $20 for proven breeders, I wound up eating my entire herd in the end.

Mana Pro 50# - Closest feed store $15.95, If I can get out to Rural King (30 min drive out) $13.99. If I want Timothy hay, it's $19.99 everywhere so I usually get coastal for $6.99 even if I'm allergic to it.

I’m in Arizona.

All stock is pedigreed or I don’t breed it. I don’t sell pets and my rabbits are not suitable for meat production. I raise Himalayans and have started side projects with Polish and Checkered Giants. My base price for everything is $50, and is for young juniors with no breeding or show record. Tack on $20 when they turn senior, and $10 for every merit. Youth breeders get between 10 and 20 dollars off.

Sometimes I do sell stock for less, but if I am, I’m usually trying to get rid of it.

State/country: North East Washington, USA

New Zealand NP $30 Meat mutt $20 NP
$5/lb processed

What are the majority of your Sales in order from greatest to smallest:
I have not sold any and probably will not in the future. I only have a breeding pair at this point, on their first breeding.
That being said. People want meat rabbits here and pay up to $5/lb for processed rabbit.

Price per 50# of feed:
$average is $16 for Elenbaas which is all that my local feedstore carries.

Hawaii Island

Pedigreed English angora, minimum $65 for bucks, $75 for does and very few does are sold. Any color other than black, the price goes up.

Feed store has high protein pellets at $22 per 40# and no other options for rabbit pellets. We mix that with rolled barley and BOSS. Also we feed a LOT of forage which we have all year round. Keeps the feed costs somewhat reasonable.

The bunnies here provide fiber which is spun into yarn and sold, there's more income from yarn than from rabbit sales.

Latest posts

Back