What feed do you use?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am very gradually switching Odysseus from Pruina Pro(?) Rabbit- the one that comes in 25# and 50# to Oxbow Essentials and Organic. I am not sure if he's just not a bit eater or if he doesnt like the food, but he really just picks at it. I am almost out of his old food- been transitioning for 2 weeks now. I just hate to buy 25# for a 2# bunny cause it would likely go bad before he got 1/2 way through it lol Any ideas?

We use Kent right now but don't like it. 2 of our buns are scrawny as fence posts. But then the rest are doing better than ever! The best feed we've ever had was the armada 16% breeder special but ff&h stopped carrying it! We did pen pals for a little while but the babies didn't like it so we are a bit frustrated right now. Anyway, we have show rabbits and we give the mini lops and English spot 1/2 cup of feed, holland lop, jersey Woolley, and mini satin all get 1/4 cup of feed. I free feed nursing does and kits. Also Kent top family show is what we use (I think) and that's $19.06 by me.

I just started with Rabbits and have a feed store just across the road from me. They carry a brand that is made in my state (Alabama) called Tucker. So I am using it. It cost me $13 for a 50lb bag. The first bag I got from them was just over a week old per the milling date. They are meat rabbits and I free feed at this point. I have three New Zealand rabbits, a buck and two does.

Teton Peak":3mxn5r0u said:
We have a Mill that makes feed about 3 hours away. Cache Commodities in Ogden, Utah. They ship it by the pallet load here for 12.40 per 50# bag. Sure makes it nice when I pick up the feed for my larger meat bunnies.

I'm also looking at using a local feed mill about an hour away that sells 50# bags for 10.99 or they also sell large totes for 18.5 cents/lb. What is the protein content on the feed you use and how quickly do your rabbits get to 5-6 pound range?

Latest posts

Back