So...Just how many do you feed?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homer

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
I was "drafted" by my local club to feed & water rabbits at the state fair this year. Ok I said, how bad can it be? Well...this weekend we had over 600 hungry, kicking, ornery little fur balls! 200 pounds of feed and Lord only knows how much water they were taken care of for the morning. Started at 5:00 AM and was done by 9:00.

But wait...The afternoon guy didn't show up :x and it was to hot to let them be without water! So after lunch and a couple of beers it was game on for round two...All while showing my own rabbits. One of the Light Gray Flemish Giants does we had late last year took B.O.B. so guess all that hand feeding was worth it. :D

tumblr_mzk51mYnyK1sjwyiro1_500.gif

Thanks guys. Definitely not as big a chore to feed my 12 now as it use to be. :lol: I am getting some good sales though to help pay feed bill for next year.

One more weekend to go and it ends for another year. Never thought I'd be glad to see the Fair close. :eek:

Thats right, Colorado State Fair is almost over-been there quite a few years as a kid! I was a 10 yr CO 4-h member who is now living in TX with my daughter who is a first year 4-her, taking her first rabbit project. Our livestock show is in Jan., which feels totally backwards to me! I guess we will be working on record books during Christmas vacation:) Just purchased our parents for this years project, it was the pen that took 3rd place at the show last year! Very excited!

I grew up on a farm in Limon, its out east by KS. I took pigs and my sister took steer, as well as several inside projects. We are into rabbits now because we live in town and they are do able, and I want my kids to get to have that experience too. So I am learning a lot and starting over in a different state.....have fond memories of going to see all the projects and taking in some great concerts in Pueblo! Right now we have a meat pen and a couple of breeding show jersey woolies that will be going to our show this year.

Go through Limon all the time. Have a sister in Sterling so go up Hwy. 71 through Punkin Center from Pueblo. :lol:

Glad your kids are able to get some experience with animals being in town. I don't think I could stand to live in town anymore. Just remember, "they can take the girl out of the country but they can't take the country out of the girl". ;)

SixGun":172cxky5 said:
Congratulations on the BOB!

And have fun.... once the show is over you'll soon be wishing it was coming near again. That's how I always am.
Thanks but I don't think it will be to soon 6-gun. 600 is a ton (literally) of bunnies to feed and water. :lol: Two more days and it will all be over .
giphy.gif
Our numbers are dropping fast now. We probably only have 150 or so left. Off to retrieve my Flemish Giants now. :)

Latest posts

Back