Fair time is officially over!

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JessicaR

Reaction score
We are finally done with fair for the year!! :bunnyhop: Daughter didn't do as good this year :( I am not sure what exactly happened with that, I guess she was just too nervous. She forgot some of the stuff she was supposed to do in the obedience ring, and my guess because she was so nervous it really affected Dusty, he kept trying to leave the ring and wouldn't stay. I know he can do this, when my oldest son was in 4H he and Dusty placed first every year.

Surprisingly she did much better with Rosie in Rally obedience, she got 4th place, and in the working dog class she got 1st place. I couldn't believe it since Rosie is a 10 month old lab!

In other news, Rosie was returned to the guide dog school for formal training, and we now have a 6 week old cream standard poodle named Basil.

"Fair Time" has officially started for me! :p

I work a fulltime and a part-time job and I have a market stand that sells jams/jelly/garden produce on Saturday mornings.

I thought :oops: ... my awesome BBQ baked buns would be a great idea to enter into the fair this year!
Also entered: a painting I hadn't finished yet and a sculpture that I am not sure how that ended up on the entry form?? :evil: (I don't have a sculpture ready!!)

I work both jobs today and don't expect to get home till close to midnight tonight.... then work my 9-5 tomorrow and bring all my baking, canning and rabbits to the fair tomorrow night!!!!!!

Yeh, "Fair Time" is crazy around my house too! ;)
Not sure what I was thinking????
:lol:

Its also just starting in TX! I dont know if it is because of the extreme summer heat or why, but ours is in Jan. We breed in Oct for Nov babies, and we just bought our parents, a trio of Calis last weekend! The Buck (fondly named Marshmellow) is living in my daughters room to ensure his baby juice stays cool and hes ready to go. It has been a fun process, although they are WILD!

Just a quick update from our Labour Day weekend Fair:

My Strawberry Jam and Habanero Jelly both got first place!
My paintings got firsts.
My Raspberry Jam got a 3rd. (out of 20 jars, I take that as a win!)

I did not get my buns made or that sculpture made. (who put that on my form??)

Lots of fun.
Blaze got a new home and I had the only Harlequin and Red NZ at the fair, so all the bunnies one....lol
Wish I had found buyers for the young pair of Red NZ crosses at the fair.

Back