93rd ARBA Convention and Show in October

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nymphadora

Reaction score
Hi everyone :D

So I've been digging up as much information about the 93rd ARBA Convention and Show as I can. One of the reasons I'm so excited for it this year is that this is one of the closest shows to where I live, and I'd really really really like to go! :lol:

Date: October 9-12, 2016
Venue: Del Mar Fairgrounds and Race Track
Address: 2260 Jimmy Durante Blvd, Del Mar, CA 92014
Parking fee: $28 (included in/out privileges)

Rabbitcon will be held in the same location October 7-8th. Tickets are listed on the official site.

So, who's all planning to attend? Any chance we could plan a little RT meet-up? I'd love to meet some of the wonderful people on this site in person, you've all given me such a warm welcome! :oops:

Also, this may sound like a silly question, but for those of us just coming to see lots and lots of bunnies (and not bringing or showing any ourselves) are there any other entrance fees than parking? I couldn't find a definitive answer anywhere, but to me it seems that the $28 parking is also admission to the fairgrounds... let me know what y'all think! :?

Theres no entrance fees other than parking. Im going to nationals, but Im going to be too busy to meet up with anybody

Thank you for confirming that for me, SableSteel!

@SixGun, hopefully as more people respond we can see how many people are willing to meet up, and then we can decide how to organize ourselves :D

I think you'll have a great time. Convention is a great chance to meet breeders and see different breeds you might be interested in. :D

Oh good someone asked! I was wondering if there was some sort of fee for just wandering around too.

I know I'm not super active on here, but if something gets organized, I think I'd be interested! I don't have my plans pegged down for sure yet.

As it stands right now, I plan on going on Sunday and Monday of the convention. Couldn't get work off for the other two days. :roll:

But I'll wear a little RT tag for sure, so if anyone sees me they can choose to talk to me or not. If more people decide they want to meet up, I'd be happy to organize it. :D

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't go to the convention when it was in Dallas. That would have only been 3 hrs for me, but I had just gotten my first rabbits which were mutts, and at the time, didn't see the point.

Now everything is too far away and is likely to be for several more years.

I went when it was in PA in 2013...didn't get to stay the entire time but I was so thrilled to get to go. If it is ever within driving distance again (8 hours one way lol) will go again and try to be able to be there and *if* by then things are still going better show. I know I have long way to go yet, but *if* the HL will produce...hopefuls by the time it'll be near again. There was a designated area for parking and allowances for drop offs to check in. Each one may be slightly different though.

If have chance, if nothing else but to check it out definitely go.

S&SFarms":wczgr214 said:
Oh good someone asked! I was wondering if there was some sort of fee for just wandering around too.

I believe there Is a charge to Park on the grounds... but there is no fee to get into the show hall.

It is something to see.... All the recognized breeds... and some that are in development. Booths for almost all the various breed clubs and lots of vendors selling everything imaginable related to rabbits and cavies.
Convention is a Wonderful experience ! :)

SixGun":4xxph4j6 said:
Since I've never been to Nationals before, if I buy the catalog: http://fibbercupinvitational.com/order-catalog/ will it show me the showing schedule so I can plan what days I want to attend and my flights and such?

Most of the judging will be on Sunday... and finishes on Monday.
Then Tuesday is the presentation of new breeds / varieties.
While all of the above is going on... The various breed clubs will be having meetings and banquets.
It is similar to a big three ring circus... :D
If You are taking rabbits... Entries close either today (the 18th) or tomorrow (the 19th)... Rabbits Must be there the entire time.
If You just want to walk around and see what it there... My thought would be Sunday or Monday...

That's good to hear Random Rabbit! I was thinking about coming Sunday and Monday :p <br /><br /> __________ Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:55 pm __________ <br /><br /> So, Sunday I walked around the show and just soaked up ALL the stunning buns and cages and knick-knacks that were everywhere. And I just had to come back on Monday, because, well... I couldn't get enough! I met some of the fabulous Rex breeders, including RT's very own MamaSheepdog! :cool:

It was such a neat experience, and I was sooo tempted to take home a beautiful broken castor standard rex buck. But alas, we don't have the means for our bunny dreams yet (DH still needs to finish his paramedic license). I made some new friends though, and hopefully I'll be able to visit more shows from now on. I feel like I learned a lot about watching the judges and listening to the breeders.

I had a wonderful time, so thank you to anyone that was at the show and helped a newbie learn more! :oops:

It was great meeting you, Nymphadora! Keep in touch, and I and the southern crew of Rex breeders will start you out right!

I was there and I had such a great time. If you saw someone with a yellow Labrador attached to her hip running around the Belgian Hares club that was me. :D

Latest posts

Back