Pressure Cooking Rabbit - Electric Pressure Cooker

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

feraltydreaming

Reaction score
Good afternoon, everyone.

I am wondering if anyone can offer any advice when it comes to pressure cooker rabbit with an electric pressure cooker. I have an Instant Pot, but the times are similar for any electric pressure cooker. I have tried a couple of different rabbits (whole) for 10 minutes with a 10-minute natural pressure release and, while they are not tough, they do not shred well or come away from the bone well either. I am not expecting such a lean meat to fall apart in the pressure cooker, but I have seen a lot of people saying that the meat does come out fork tender. So..am I cooking the meat too long? Or not long enough? This is an older rabbit.The timing that I have been using came from this group and a few other places online.

Any help that anyone can provide would be great. Thank you!

-FD-

If you want "fork tender" rabbit,
brine it in a solution of 1 cup pickling or rock salt / to 1 gal of water, over night or for a day or two in the fridge -. then pressure cook for 15 to 30 min - at 30 min it will fall off the bones, at 15 min it still has some firm texture. [I am talking about your "older" rabbit]

Latest posts

Back