Wondering about colors of these baby lionheads

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmywalt

Reaction score
These are purebred lionhead baby bunnies that are 11 days old. We do not have pedigrees for the parents though. There are 7 in this litter.

We are wondering what colors these little ones might be. The first two pictures are the same bunny.

Thank you for your help! :)

^01a.JPG
^02a.JPG

^03a.JPG

^04a.JPG

^05a.JPG

Cream for #1, Frosty (or maybe Sallander?) for #2, I have no ideas about #3 and #4.

What colors are the parents? That would help rule out colors.

1 is a frosty, 2 is also a frosty (though they might be different shades - I think #2 is black based, not sure what 1 is based), 3 is an orange (vm?) and 4 is a chinchilla. I'd wait for them to grow a bit - especially with lionheads with their bald/dark side color

Also, if one of parents is an otter, then you might have a sallander marten and a fox for #2 & 3 instead of what I said

Any chance you can get pictures of the doe? Knowing that the buck is black otter helps but "black with some brown" could be several different things.

These are my color guesses without knowing for sure the dams color.

#1 chocolate frosty or chocolate martinized sallander.
#2 Sallander
#3 torted otter
#4 Chinchilla I'm leaning toward chocolate chinchilla but it could be just black chinchilla.

DOUBLE MISTAKE..... Wrong Doe.....

Here are the buck and doe......... I'm sure this is right. :D :D

Doe maybe Orange?

Doe01.JPG

Buck01.JPG

Buck02.JPG

The doe is a tort and the buck is I think chestnut. His color looks really odd to me but I think it's just the longer fur messing with how it looks. Maybe someone else can verify that.

A couple of pics of maned chestnuts on the rabbitcolors site. So I also think the buck is chestnut.

I think the mane creates extra shading that looks like tort-otter but isn't. So for the record, my kit guesses are:
#4 chinchilla
#3 orange
#2 chinchilla version of #3 (so ermine?)
#1 don't know

#1 lilac ermine, #2 blue ermine, #3 smutty orange, #4 chinchilla

Rabbittalk.com/post253462.html talks about the ermines with pictures.

Back