rain and a cold front

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainey

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
This has been such a dry growing season, and for the past month and more has been unusually warm as well. Yesterday (the day after my son returned from a week of camping, hiking, biking and canoeing in the Adirondacks) we got 1.9" of rain. With the inch or so we got in a couple showers last week, things are looking up. I can hear the brook again from my bedroom window and we could finally turn off the drip irrigation in the garden at least for a few days.
Last night the temp dropped into the 50's and it was really comfortable in the kitchen this morning canning tomatoes (just reached 25 quarts, have about 100 to go)
The apple trees are loaded and we've already frozen and dried quite a few from the early ripening trees. Will start making applesauce and pressing cider this week.
Ragweed allergies are still slowing me down but the cooler, drier air certainly gives me a boost.
The first of the fall litters is due today. Nothing yet, but Casco looks much more comfortable than she did last week and we're hoping she kindles during this cool spell.

We got the rain and cold front here too, Rainey. It was deliciously cool when we woke up this morning! It's so nice to have a break from the heat and humidity, even if it doesn't last long.

I'm ready for fall. :autumn:

We had a pretty good storm last night... and it was 63*F this morning... ahhhhhh :up: ODS went out for something at even at 89* the humidity was low enough (45% vs 70s-90s) he came in and said it was beautiful outside - if you knew my children, that would speak volumes! They have a similar low tolerance to heat as I do.

For the last several weeks/couple of months if I didn't get out before 9AM for rabbit chores I would be dripping with sweat - 90*+ and high humidity very early on.

We have surprisingly not been too dry... a couple of spells, but usually we get to a point in August where we don't really have to mow the yard much - so far this year we haven't had much of a break :roll:

I am so ready for fall weather - the crisp, cool weather is my absolute favorite!

Latest posts

Back