Help me identify this buns breed?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zass

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
This cute little bun was found hopping around outside my place of employment, along with it's dam and a few other kits. So far several have been caught and moved into homes.

The color is the easy part, booted broken black.
The parts might be a bit odd looking for the species, but I'm pretty sure it's a doe.

Pretty sure she's mixed too. Long and slender, with short face and ears. I'm guessing maybe some netherland dwarf and/or himi blood in there. She moves more like a running breed than most mutts. Thankfully, she takes after the himi in temper too, sweet, and doesn't claw or bite at all.

I keep hearing the weirdest noises coming from her though. Anyone else have a rabbit that makes a "mew mew" sound when hungry?

Attachments

• DSCN6292.JPG
    DSCN6292.JPG
    170.4 KB · Views: 1,346
Oh you have one of those weird mutt rabbits too? Mine is missing half of his tail, and the end looks like a crooked hook XD. I would call him a Chestnut but I believe he may have some brindling. Upon vet examination before adoption I was told it was a he and he came home neutered. Although, my mutt rabbit is bigger than all my rabbits, I think he might have some Flemish Giant possibly. He's only 7 months and quite a bit bigger than my Silver Fox.

SableSteel":26dwfqxp said:
Hmm, think there might be some dutch in there too

Now that I look closer, I think you're spot on. Those face markings are much more likely to be dutch than broken.

:lol:

Preitler":26dwfqxp said:
A pet breed, for sure. Just keep it as pet, I mean, dress out ratio would be horrible anyway :roll:

Yep. You're right. No meat and all cuddles. Definitely a pet breed. :D

Latest posts

Back