Really thought she was dead

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Went outside to take babies back to momma after bringing them in the check on everyone and show everyone the babies. I went back out and kid you not she was laying in a bunny loaf with her head resting sideways on her back. Like a chicken with wry neck is how she was laying. All I could say was "Oh. no" as it felt like time had stopped and I didn't know what to do or why she would be dead. It didn't make any sense. But it was, what felt like long cruel minutes, only a matter of seconds after I spoke that she jumped up. I got a half awake confused look before I went to poking and prodding her all over checking her mouth, up her nose, her eyes, in her ears, I felt around in her belly and made sure no kits or anything else was stuck. She's fine, thankfully, I'm just glad I didn't die because I know my heart stopped. I wish I would've got a pic. But I was a bit too horrified to go for a camera when I saw her laying like that lol. *This image is just of a random wry neck chick I found on google. It looks just like how she was laying so people know.*
wryneck3.jpg

I have this male gerbil that I poke awake all the time because he twists all up weird in some random corner for a power nap. He'd probably still be sleeping if you dropped his cage from a table. I shove the cages around cleaning and opening them to feed and water and he doesn't even breath deeper. Sadly my horror came true a few days back. I lost 3 of 5 breeding pairs to what was probably accidental poisoning.

Oh jeez that's no fun! I've only lost 1 since I've started the rabbitry but two before then one was my little sisters, he kept eating plastic till he died (I wasn't living with my dad at the time so I have no idea why they didn't just stop giving him plastic?) The other was my bunny when I was about 8 he passed but he was pretty old from my understanding. I checked on her several times over yesterday so worried I'd go out and find her dead. I should know I'm not though she was exhausted from having babies and it got pretty warm.

Back