New Born with broke leg??

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Ok so one of my does just had a litter of 3 *two black, one I believe lilac* One of the black babies was born outside of the box and his foot was crammed down in the wire. It looks like it's just swollen but I'm not for certain it's broke or how to even tell if it was. I've pulled his foot down straight and he pulls back but it don't seem to cause any extreme pain. I believe it's just swollen but I want to make sure I take any precautions necessary. He's currently with my boyfriend under a nice blanket to get him warmed up. He wasn't too chilly thankfully because it's pretty nice out right now. But I believe she was trying to feed him and she accidentally pushed him too far back and his knee got caught in the wire and then shoved down.

Accidents like that happen occasionally. It probably will heal on its own unless there is an open wound that gets infected. There may be some loss of function if the bones or tendons are damaged, but rabbits can usually manage with three good legs. Keep an eye on him to make sure he's getting fed and see how he does. I don't think there is much you can do for him.

Well there's nothing sticking out or anything of the such. I must've posted this reply like a doofus on some other forum while I was doing other stuff *let's hope not* It'll probably end up going to meat anyway I just didn't want it to suffer unnecessarily for any reason :)

Latest posts

Back