My attempt at color guessing. Dont laugh lol

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ipoGSD

Rabbit Talk Supporter
Reaction score
These pics are from 3 different litters :) I am going to *attempt* to guess colors. Lol mind you, colors are kind of hard for me. Each website the colors look different. Especially with the blues, steels, lilacs and opals..

DONT LAUGH at my feeble attempts here. LMAO

Ok i couldnt get the right lighting. But this kits lighter than the pic shows. Almost like what a calico kitten would be called a dilute or pastel. The grey is much lighter in person and the brown spots are lighter also. Im going to guess a very poor quality (not much tri color) lilac tri or lilac tort?

Im going to guess self lilac and a chinchilla of some sort lol

The first kit is exactly what Sylvia looked like as a kit, brownish on the back and grey on the sides. So im guessing broken chinchilla. The brown one. Im not sure at all on this one but ill throw out a guess of, chocolate chestnut? Or Castor?

Broken lilac or blue steel? & chocolate chinchilla?

The smaller kit Is jet black, not blue like the pics, so a self black (i know ill get that one right lol). But the bigger one at first glance in person looks black but more washed out..so im guessing blue self? Or just a more washed out black lol

I have been wondering if some kits in this litter had rex fur. Seeing this pic, the self lilac? has curly whiskers. So im assuming i might be right about rex fur. The other kit... i have no idea? Caster maybe??

The ears arent solid so its not a self, correct? Im guessing a cream on this one? Seems like its lighter than the fawns in a previous litter..

I thought broken fawn, wife thought broken orange. They look orange but i think the fawns in that prevous were this bright at this age.. so yeah no clue

2 charlies or false charlies. Black & chinchilla? The lighter one on top, its head is speckled.

I know at this age its hard to determine colors and i know they can change. Im just having fun and trying to learn. :)

Ok.... feel free to laugh! Im almost too embarrassed about how bad i might be doing to post this.. but im more curious than embarrassed lol

You're doing better than me! I have yet to publicly guess more than a couple fairly obvious colors :lol:

Beautiful kits! I am envious of all the colors you are getting in your herd! How many bucks/does are those coming from?

I started with 2 does (a grey and a black) and 2 bucks and well.. now i got lots lol

I'm looking into getting a tri rex doe, Im on a waiting list. :) <br /><br /> __________ Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:31 pm __________ <br /><br /> Im obsessed with trying to see what colors will pop out lol but the problem is, the cuter they are.. the harder it is to um... you know :'(

What colors are the parents of each litter? My guess from the top down is
broken chestnut
lilac & chestnut
broken chestnut & chestnut
broken blue & chin (i dont really know on either of these XD)
sable & blue steel (again, more of just a guess)
castor & lilac
cream
broken orange (fawn and orange are genetically the same in most breeds - usually orange describes a brighter shade)
charlie something lol and charlie black

Update us when they get older if you can, I want to see how we both did lol

Hi SableSteel,

Here are pics of their parents. Every parent rabbit except Ruby carries for rex fur. Their grandfather's are brothers, both mini rex's. I really think the light grey one (the one with the possibe castor) is going to have rex fur. It even has curly whiskers. I definitely will post updated pics when they get older. Im going to try my hardest to find most of these cuties homes :)

The first 3 pics, the parents are Ruby & Chubby
ruby

Chubby

The next 2 pics, their parents are Nibbler & Binx. Except the smallest black, Nibbler only had 5 kits, ruby had 9 so i put the smaller black one in with Nibs.

Nibbler

(binx is on the right)

The last pics, all the younger kits (from lilac & possible castor down) are from Sylvia and Binx. Litter of 8

Sylvia and Binx's pic is above. <br /><br /> __________ Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:29 am __________ <br /><br /> Anddd i have 1 more litter due in about a week. Needless to say i will be going thru a lotttttt of bunny food once they start weaning :eek: lol

Twix x Binx (Twix is the broken chocolate in the pic with Binx)

Keep in mind there are only 2 options on each of the colour loci so some colours are simply not possible and I highly doubt you've got the harli gene or the chocolate so lilac (which is blue and chocolate) and tri are very unlikely based on this and previous litters

It is still very early to know for sure but here are my guesses

1 broken chestnut

2 self blue or possibly self chin blue - broken chinchilla

3 a smutty broke chin - chestnut (in the Rex breeds this is called Castor)

4 broken chin - a light steel chin

5 broken chin - the brown fur at the nape of the neck leads me to bridge youve got a steel Opal :D

6 I agree this is rexed blue or self blue chin - blue chin

7 red eyed white, once the eyes open well know for sure, if they are not red but black, brown or grey then a blue fawn AKA cream or maybe frosty ;)

8 broken fawn. Fawn, orange and red are often used interchangeably but technically the orange and red should be wideband and has an orange or red belly rather than white with the red of purse being a darker richer colour than orange

9 Because there is so little colour it's hard to identify but I think a blue chin and a black

Back