Big News :) :D *Pics included*

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
Mootah is not only walking but hoping. He's not jumping up onto things yet but he is starting to stand up slowly on his back legs not very high right now but we're working up to that.
Mootah 2.jpg
Mootah on the move.jpg

More news is I had my very first meat rabbit baby. Only one, but I think momma might have more. I didn't know she was pregnant so I moved her from inside to outside *In a somewhat temp controlled room. No A/C but it don't get too hot or cold in there. I think she may have absorbed some kits and might be having more soon
20160809_120132 (1).jpg
20160809_120139 (1).jpg

We also have our two turkeys who are growing like something else. No telling what I rambled about during the video lol.
https://youtu.be/1cclUGoXFJc
https://youtu.be/IoFAj82jvOw

Yay! What good news!!

I have had a number of does have their babies over the course of 24 hours - not always successfully, but others have done just fine (one doe in particular had two rounds with a large, stretched kit in between the batches). Hopefully it's just a lull :)

Well I believe I might've accidentally stressed her out while she was pregnant. She was obviously not carrying many because she wasn't big at all but I moved her into a new cage and I think she was a bit freaked out about it at first so I put the shirt I had on in there *I wear camis, I was not going topless!* and it seemed to help her she sniffed it and made it into her nest where she sat for 4 days. I tried to touch her belly and got a snort, plus she's not acting all mellow and calm from the adrenaline rush after birth *She did last time I believe because after she had babies she had her ears back to the sides and this calm dopey look on her face it was absolutely precious but this time she's acting uncomfortable? She's sitting in certain spots for short spurts before hoping onto the top of her nest box she'll sit and look over her baby then wiggle and twitch a bit before hoping back down to food.

She just seems uncomfortable to me.

Well she had 9 last time and I was doubtful she was pregnant... The buck I bred her to has had two little litters of 6 and always only 3 survivors from another doe. So I wonder if the buck doesn't have a high sperm count or something? I don't know much about rabbits really *Main reason I'm here* He don't seem to produce very big litters. I don't believe it's her because from another buck her first litter was 9 although I had my first doe *Buttons* who had nine her first litter and her daughter only had 6 but she was handled a LOT during her pregnancy at no fault of my own seeing I thought she was a he and that he was getting fat somehow. I think it's also what caused me to have a baby fail to thrive. She was very underfed during her pregnancy and I'm blessed to have one of her babies and to have 5 of the babies survive.

Only one baby from that litter but another 4 in another. I thought only 3 but turns out there was one hiding in the back. I've left her with 2 of the 4 and took the wire baby to the mom with only one baby. He was a bit on the small side so I figure it'll help him get more in the long run because he's fighting against one not 3 and I'll also be checking him probably hourly. I made sure mom was accepting of him too before putting it in the box. I held it up to her and she started grooming it . I rubbed it on her to make sure it smelled like her and put it in the box.

Latest posts

Back