DIY Feeders and Waterers - SUPER cheap and easy to make.

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sagebrush":tn2oip6k said:
You are not ignorant. I was confused at first too. It took me a bit to figure it out even on my own cages.. :oops:
Lol. Now it looks like I didn't make the cans high enough in one of them!! It's working for now though, until I can get another #10 can. On the plus side, my feeder and other waterer are working great!!

Very carefully, these cuts can be mighty sharp before some sanding/filing/bending :)

First, easiest and fastest choice would be an angle grinder.
A hacksaw will take longer, but will work too. Keep the saw at a shallow angle and use both hands to guide it.
To have the hands free for grinder/saw fix the can with a vice or clamp, either top to bottom or with a piece of wood (or whatever) in it that keeps it from being flattened or slipping out of the vice, a board cut to fit just inside works great.
For the saw a second person fixing the can work too - sturdy working gloves for holding the can always recommended, also for sanding the edges :?
For the grinder (or most power tools): Personally, I do really not like any other hands close I have to watch out for.

Sheet metal scissors are an option too, will require some rebending work, and it takes some practise to get a straight cut (punch hole with a knive or so to start the horizontal cut). Also normal scissors will do, sturdy ones, but that'll dull them so be sure they aren't your moms :evil: favorits, they'll be pretty much ruined for anything else.

Also a sturdy, sharp knive can work, starting at a hole in the corner and using a small hammer to drive it carefully, but again: :evil: . Use cutting pliers for the rim.

And have band-aid handy, just as a superstition to trick Murphy - you'll most likely need them if there aren't any :D

Back