I made a Rabbit App

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

velacreations

Reaction score
I have had rabbits for over a decade, mostly meat production. We kept rabbit records on paper, just like most of the books tell you to. After several years, the paper started mounting up and it was difficult to get information to compare rabbits at a glance. For a while, we entered things into excel to get charts for growth and production rates, but we were still have to record everything on paper, and it was a real pain. We knew there had to be a better way, and none of the existing programs really did what we needed.

So, we decided to build a rabbit app, something that works well on all devices (phones, desktops, tablets, etc) where we could input rabbit weights and other data right at the cage with no paper needed. It's been a great project, and we've had lots of users try the app out and give us feedback to make it better. We've been developing Hutch for over 6 months, now, and it has come a long way.

Hutch has become a full-blown rabbit system with scheduling, pedigrees, cost/expense tracking, breeder management, litter tracking, reports and much more. We now have over 1200 users and over 20,000 rabbits in the system. Hutch is the fastest growing rabbit app on the web!

Our users still give us feedback and we are still developing new features all the time. The system continues to improve according to what users want and need.

If you need something like this, you can try the app for free here: http://barntrax.com

Here's what it looks like:
dsZkzsE.png

H2yR9x5.png

1b9yH17.png

This is interesting to me.
I missed my chance at the free trial, signed up and promptly forgot about it. :oops:

I'll have to purchase it to try it out.
Can it make pedigrees for printing?

I want to preface my statements below with the fact that I work in IT and look all software/web apps from that view. So my critiques below should be viewed with that in mind.

1. It is a great idea, but I am not sure there is a market for it at that price. Most iphone apps are much cheaper. Granted this is for a specific use, that there isn't software built for. To me, it would be better served to service multiple animal types. Horses, cows, etc. It would be a pretty easy move to do that.
2. My biggest draw back is that it is a web based program. I would prefer to be able to download it to my ipad and use it.
3. The subscription plans are very vague. What exactly do I get for each one? What is litter manager or breeder manager? The features just aren't clear in what you get.
4. My main need is something that would alert me when I need to do something on that day or the day before. A weekly email really isn't as helpful. I don't want to have to go to the site to check it each day.
5. Your target audience for this is going to be large breeders and for them I think it would be great. For the two does and a buck folks like me, it is just a bit much.

All that said, I think the site looks great and is fairly easy to use. I wish you the best and much success.

Back