Shedding~

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnies50

Reaction score
I adopted a 3-year-old male rabbit {not sure of breed} from one of my friends whose mom developed allergies to the fur. Seems perfectly healthy, if a bit overweight :lol:
He's been shedding a LOT haha... I wasn't sure if this was a seasonal thing or not. Is there a way to clean off all/most of the fur? It's starting to get everywhere and it's a real pain to clean off the car seats and carpet. :x

I can post a picture of him if it's necessary? :0

Lots of brushing with a soft brush that doesn't scratch the skin....with the heat outside (depending on location of course) its still a problem with climate controlled rabbits ugh. I wish they didn't shed when in AC or cooler areas than outside, but if its very hot or weather changing for seasons inside rabbits will still shed (although usually not as bad). You can also dampen your hands (just barely wet) and briskly but gently rub him down to collect some of it too. I love my shedder brush though and a bristle human brush I got at Dollar General.

Have to remember, he's had a shock to his system. Change in environment, feed, water, schedule...all these can cause a molt.

Each rabbit has its own molting schedule, mine usually molt a couple times a year. Don't worry, it will end in a couple weeks! :p I have 2 molting baaaaaaaad right now hehe. :x

Latest posts

Back