snuffles in meat rabbits

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year we heard some sneezing in our grow-out cages. We had put them in a small room adjacent to the goat stall because we had too many for our original rabbit shed and the new barn was under construction. Never saw any snot. No deaths. Just occasional sneezing. We worried at first but just kept observing. This year with all the rabbits in one room of the new barn I haven't heard any sneezing. I think perhaps experienced rabbit raisers emphasize sneezing as an emergency because some of us when newbies are very laid back and don't pay enough attention to something that seems so minor. Then others of us worry about everything and over react to the warnings. I'm just trying to say that a few sneezes aren't necessarily alarming, but you should keep a close eye on the situation.

I cull/kill for any respiratory disorder and since this is a grow-out and destined for freezer camp I would process immediately and quarantine any cage mates

My girl Jessica start sneezing when I switched pellets. I looked into the j feeders and there was a bunch on fines caught in the pellets. I push them around so the fines would fall thru. Now i sift the pellets no matter where or who makes them with a flour sifter. One reason, cause when the fines fall on ground it attracts rodents. Now I do keep the fines that i sift. I sift over a metal bowl and put it in a ziploc when I get enough its time to make treats. This is just one way I stretch the crappy dollar. :lol:

Back