Harness Training

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lain

Reaction score
Hey all! I haven't completely forgotten about this place! :cats-bed:

Odysseus is doing so well! He is a happy little derp, and he is a bit of a butt now that it is warmer weather and the house is over 75degrees F... never over 80, for his comfort and my Cav who I have recently found out is in heart failure- the main reason I haven't been around. It's been a tough road for my little Eve right now, but we got her on a couple meds that has her seeming happier and more like herself. It's been pretty scary since she 'died' on the table during eye surgery when just on a simple sedative to keep her still. She turned 7 just days after the surgery.

Anyway! Right now though I am trying to harness train Ody... does anyone have any tips? I would love to get him out for fresh air on a day that isn't too hot. My last Bun was uber easy to train, just got it on him and out he went lol My little Odysseus is a bit more Stubborn :pancake:

Sorry to hear about Eve! I am sure it was very scary.

My rabbits love the harness, but I never succeeded in teaching them to go with me. It's more like they walk me and I run behind them while they enjoy themselves. They adjusted very easy to it being on them. I just fed them treats when it was on. Now they love it.

Yeah! SHe is doing better with her new medication. I really have to watch her in the heat and running her too much :( Thankfully neither of us like to run XD More sprinter types.

I doubt Odysseus would walk like a dog on a harness and leash I just want to get him on something when I take him out to enjoy the grass. I dont think the last owner took him out at all. :cry: He wont take treats from me though yet, he will eat them when I set them in front of him though. After I walk away lol!

Latest posts

Back