Belly Flaps?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DTrain

Reaction score
What if anything do you do with the belly flaps when you process your meat rabbits? Are they good for anything or do they end up in the gut bucket?

Thanks!

Good for anything?!? :eek: Gut bucket?!? :fainting:

You haven't lived until you have had rabbit jerky! :p

I bag mine up with a marinade and freeze until I have enough for a big batch- which is never enough, since it is eaten like candy around here. If only rabbits had bigger bellies! :roll:

I tried the jerky a couple of times and at least the way I made it, it was not good. Way to chewy for my liking. Mind sharing more details on how you do it?

I used to feed the belly to the cats when butchering but finally made a batch of jerky after butchering a pile of 12 week olds. We used the same jerky recipe for bunny bellies that we use on venison. I like it but it's definitely "chewy". In fact, if you eat too much, your jaws ache the next day (which is actually a good thing, otherwise it would be gone in no time).
I guess if you didn't want to make tough jerky or waste it, you could grind it with the rest of the bun and at least end up with usuable rabbit burger.

Latest posts

Back