Interesting Colours in this litter

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MoonSpiritMom

Reaction score
So i have Mixed breeds. I was told NZ/Flem. Both parents are this mix. They both are a chinchilla colour.

Well My Doe, "Cow" just had her 2nd litter on the 18th. Her last litter was just a single kit, a nice chin grey buck.

Well this time she gave me 9 kits.. and while the majority are the chin grey... there are 2 that are not that colour at all.. and then a few more who are a bit darker.

Anyways.. Not sure of the lineage of these rabbits.. since i got them in trade. This doe is a really great mom so I'll be keeping her just for that fact and the fact that she is happy to take on fosters. (not that she has any right now, she did the last time)

any thoughts on colour names? i know they aren't the best photos.. but it's not exactly warm out where i am right now so i didn't want to move the kits away form the nest. can't wait to see how these turn out!

Dood":1qbkb9l5 said:
Yup, looks like chocolate chinchilla and a blue chin AKA squirrel :)

You think it's blue chin? It looks alot lighter than my blue chin.

13346936_1634568606867025_4503619653999655463_n.jpg

Could also be a lilac :hmm:

I don't think it's a frosty's/ermine as mine come out looking like REW until they open their eyes ;) they slowly start to get their tips but are not fully coated until 4 months

For sure i will! It's much warmer today.. so i can take photos in the sunshine if that would help?

The lightest is almost white in the sun....but you can tell there is some sort of grey in there.

I really wish i knew the lineage of the parents. thats what you get when you just are given rabbits.

Right now i have 45 rabbits in my rabbitry. 5 adults (my breeding stock, 4 does, 1 buck) 3 litters aged from 16-9 weeks of age... and then 25 new kits.. ages from 10 days to4 days old.

__________ Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:16 am __________

alforddm":33g8du6l said:
Dood":33g8du6l said:
Yup, looks like chocolate chinchilla and a blue chin AKA squirrel :)

You think it's blue chin? It looks alot lighter than my blue chin.

13346936_1634568606867025_4503619653999655463_n.jpg

This is much darker then the one i have... much much darker. Mine is white compared to this one.

__________ Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:32 pm __________

Ok I got some photos in the sunlight. I put one of the other kits with the two who are of questionable colour, for reference.

<br /><br /> __________ Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:31 am __________ <br /><br /> bumping up....

Back