What grooming supplies to I need?

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harelady

Reaction score
I just put a deposit down on an English Angora. Before I get him can someone please educate me on grooming techniques and what grooming supplies I need. I plan on trying to show him and he should be about 10 weeks old when I get him. I fell in love with one at a show a couple of months ago and have been researching the breed since. I decided to take the leap. :)

Ask the breeder! ;) They can show you exactly how to and what you need. Grooming wool can't really be described, blowing and brushing out as need be is hard to describe. I've watched done, half attemped on a wooly pet had but always ended up sheering. The breeder is your best source, they know how long junior coats take to be a mess or how often you really need to groom to keep a show primed coat.

The breeder does not actively show though the parents are from good show lines. Showing is not my main goal but it would be nice to learn. May have to track down a angora breeder at my next show and hope they will teach me some techniques. I know basic animal grooming since I groom my standard poodle myself but show grooming a angora is totally different than keeping them cut down.

Latest posts

Back