Annoying... perhaps stupid...

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladysown

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand that today I am tired and wanting to rest.

I get that in myself.

But today I am just TIRED of stupid people.

Can you bring a bunny to me? I"m an hour away and I want your cheapest bunny.
Okay, but it will cost you $30 for delivery, plus cost of bunny. (side note: charging $30 because driving two hours for a $15 bunny is something I DO NOT want to do.. but if someone wants to pay $30 I'll do it on a convenient day)

Okay.. so can you bring it tomorrow then?
me: Well sure, but I want a EMT for half the cost of delivery plus bunny, just so I know I'm not wasting my trip.
So $15 right?
Me: No, it would be $22.50
BUT you told me delivery was $30?
Me: Yes, but you need to pay for the bunny too.
But you said $30!!!

ARGH.

Then the other person..
P: Can you meet me half way today?
Me: Where do you live?
40 minutes away.
Me: Well sorry but I can't do that. I need to take care of my son.
Well can't you just leave him at home and come out? it's only 20 minutes!!?!?!?!
Me: No.. it would be an hour.. you know, drive there, talk bunnies, go home again.
But it's only half way, that can't be an hour!

ARGH!!!

Can't people think or do math anymore? Like seriously... it gets maddening some days.

Wow, some people are just so hard to deal with. I'm sorry you had to go through that. That's one of the reasons I rarely sell animals. Had to deal with a lot of people like that at my old job as well (which is frankly why I got out of that line of work) so I understand how frustrating it can be.

:| People. Lol. I've had so many of those emails over the years I don't even bother answering some of them. :roll: I don't meet--if they want the bunny they have to drive here. I can afford to be picky with my buyers since I always have people interested, so I am choosy about where my rabbits end up. People wanting a "cheap" bunny from me is also a no go...unless you consider a $60 bunny cheap, then hey, by all means, take my cheap rabbit. :lol: ;)

People are clueless and it seems to be getting WORSE :angry: even though the knowledge is at their finger tips :evil:

Recently I had someone ask me if the 8 week old RABBIT kit I was advertising was neutered and de-clawed :shock:

I junked the e-mail - too much stoopid for me to deal with :bdh:

you know where they get from right Dood?

From the wee babies kittens that are sold by rescues that have been spayed/neutered at 7 weeks of age... So they think bunnies should be the same.

People don't think on it much...

Its really amazing how people are sometimes.....I agree in that I am also getting to the point where I wont be answering those types of ad's. Its just really not worth it, and if they can read an ad on craigslist they probably wont read my bunny care sheet in order to care for them properly. Or at least thats what I am starting to believe.......

This is one reason I don't mind selling to pet shops for very little money.

I've had to deal with my share of "people problems" too. I sometimes cope by telling myself that I've probably been "that person" myself on occasion.

Charles Dickens wrote a short story about "That Other Public." You know, "the public" that is stupid, ignorant, etc., but not the public that *I* am part of - it's the "other" public! :)

Back