two problems with this weanling

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueHaven

Reaction score
Nice nice litter of two . Nice deep wide black otter doe. So.. go out to feed last night (we had put them together to wean. 8 weeks old.) Blood everywhere. Found my does is now practically missing a front toe. Packed it with clip clot and will look at it again tonight. I know it stopped. When I flipped her over to look at her foot. I noticed, She only has one bottom tooth that looks normal and then a tiny other tooth next to it. Never seen this, or thought about it, but do they ever come in odd sizes that way? If just figures the one doe that I think could be good on the table at shows now has issues that could keep her out of showing. Keeping her anyhow. Really worried about her teeth. will get a pic soon. Would just HATE to have to cull her over a tooth. But I know I should. Just hoping it could even out. They looked fine a few weeks ago. I am so disappointed.
Charliebrown-1-.jpg

They fought, she got the wrong end of the stick. Teeth are a result of that too most likely :( It *can* grow back normal, but no guarantees. Just have to wait it out and see. I hope she does ok!

I'd be more worried about the toe, if the nail is gone...it won't grow back which is a dq. It can also come in white (scarring), which again is a dq.

Latest posts

Back