Abscesses, Bathing, and Hair Loss

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Geez! All these forums I'm posting is crazy! Haven't had problems with rabbits like I do now for years, now it's coming full force!
First off my buck has an abscess in his...ball sack. I recently took him to a show about a month ago and the judge noticed it, it blew her mind that it was in there. The judge said it would eventually get a soft spot, and pop. But it hasn't. He is a complete mess. The abscess seem to be getting bigger, he is loosing fur around his bottom, his skirt is gone, he is yellow, and he can barely walk. I have kept his cage clean and is on a good diet. What should I do!?
Is there any good ways to get yellow out of a white rabbit? One of my Jr. Bucks get some pee on his face from another buck.
Another one of my does has a bald spot on her face (it is growing back). And on her side she is missing some too. On her side some of it is growing back, but some seems like she or another rabbit is pulling it. She is housed next to a buck with a wire divider, could he maybe be pulling it?

It's given subcutaneously usually on the back of the neck or shoulders as that is where the skin is loosest. You need to be very careful to get the right type as some antibiotics can kill a rabbits, especially if they are given incorrectly. My local tractor supply stocks the correct one in the medicine cooler.

Back