The 3 Bucks

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ButtonsPalace

Reaction score
So I posted an ad to a local online newspaper that mostly only local people know about, It was an ad saying I was looking for rabbit hutches/supplies for free.. I had a lady reply with 3 rabbit hutches, J-feeders, hay racks, etc. I was so excited! Then I got one subject "Rabbits" I thought ok worth looking at *Here's the message I have changed his name to Rick which isn't his real name*

"Hi my name is Rick and we have 3 maybe 4 males that are about 8 months old that we would like to get rid of. We think they are maybe a lion head mix one is white 3 are grey. We would love to let someone have them for free.
Email us if your interested."

I don't really want any more bucks but I figured maybe I could take care of them and make them very tame, sweet, little bucks and then find them forever homes.. So I asked if he'd send me a picture because I was very much so interested.. But instead of pictures I got this..

"There in together and starting to not getting along with each other .. We would be gladly to bring them to you :)"

I don't have 3 spare cages just sitting around right now and once I get those three from the lady I have a buck and 2 does in need of them.. I mean obviously I could just move the 2 bucks and doe outside as soon as I get the new hutches and move the 3 bucks into the cages I have now... But that means 2 bucks would be in one cage unless I split the cage *Which is do-able it's just the matter of finding something the right size :3 *

I would love to take them in but I'm not sure if it's worth it if they are becoming aggressive towards each other.. Does that mean they would be aggressive in general or no? I mean it'd be another month at least probably if I was to take them in...

I wouldn't deal with it, honestly. And I tend to stray from pushier people in general. I had two brothers housed together and they started spraying each other once they hit maturity.... pretty nasty! And now if they are able to get close to each other they will go at it - fur flying everywhere! (hutches that are divided so they can go around the corner if the door is left open.

Bucks are almost always aggressive to one another after puberty.
It's very, very rare for them to get along.

This has nothing to do with aggression towards humans. My sweetest bucks would likely still tear one another to pieces if forced into a cage together.

I'm going to be separating the bucks very soon it's just a matter of fixing the cage.. I know there's a piece that fits perfectly.. Just a matter of finding it... They are about 4 months now so I've been looking because I know I don't have much longer.. Both of them have both testicles descended, So it's only a matter of time. If nothing else I have other places to put him just happens that the cage would be the most spacious even if split in half.. I have to say I don't need any more bucks and I also don't want to be stuck with three I don't want...

ButtonsPalace":2x11hpqj said:
I have to say I don't need any more bucks and I also don't want to be stuck with three I don't want...

I think you answered your own question.

To terribly mangle a Godfather quote: "Grab the cages, leave the buns."

I asked if they came with cages.. If they would've.. I probably would've took them and either sold them or kept them or sold 2 kept one or something.. But they are all in one cage and not coming with a cage.. Maybe they'll find someone else to give them to lol!

Back