Breeding age silver fox

Rabbit Talk  Forum

Help Support Rabbit Talk Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

REDMIST

Reaction score
What is the breeding age of silver fox buck and does? I have always believed 6 months nothing sooner.

the issue : I have a doe and buck that were born 12/ 19 and 12/24 and would like to breed these two. They are just under 6 months. Both are between 9 and 10 pounds. We are still in cooler weather but I feel if I wait another month it will be way to hot to breed. Can I breed these at 5 1/2 months? I plan on using for a long time so I do not want to harm anyone.

Well have tried the doe for two days to breed her. Every time she goes in she puts her butt in the corner and doesn't move. The buck is young also but tries. I pull her out after 15 min and try again a hour later. Still no success. I guess she is not ready. Her birthday was December 16 so she is not that far off from being six months. Any suggestions or is it a waiting game. I dont want her to wait to late in season a d I don't want to wait until September to try again.

Have you seen the thread (with pictures) of how to tell when a doe is ready to breed? We found it helpful with our young does. The older ones just pretty much seem ready so we don't bother to check them. And what about her weight--is she full-grown yet? If you have to wait until Sept to breed you'll want to not let her build up fat. My rabbits are mutts, half to three quarters SF but they're forage fed, some grain and roots but no pellets and they mature a little slower.

Back